Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

Probably 15 or so. I'm just curious what that has to do with anything though. The majority of the guys voting for the award probably haven't seen more than that.

Not many. How many Twins and Athletics games have you watched?

Very good point.

Edited by MrRain422
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rivera is more valuable to the Yankees than Jeter.

Definitely. Mo's the MVP just about every year, but he'll never get one. You know where Jeter won the MVP this year (right or wrong)....the 2 late-inning game-winning hits against the Red Sox that turned a 3-2 series into a 5 game sweep (and demoralized the Sox).

Of course the Yankee lineup is better than the Twins and the A's. But this year, the Yankees would be where the Red Sox are right now without Jeter. Don't have time to find the stats, but check out the avg with risp, and the late inning batting stats if you're really bored.

I'll never win any Jeter arguments here, so I'll just enjoy the ride.

On a side note: Whatcha think of Ozzie saying that he'd vote for someone like ARod for the Gold Glove, in order to improve Crede's chances. What a moron!!!

Definitely. Mo's the MVP just about every year, but he'll never get one. You know where Jeter won the MVP this year (right or wrong)....the 2 late-inning game-winning hits against the Red Sox that turned a 3-2 series into a 5 game sweep (and demoralized the Sox).

oh please. running out of hot dog buns can demoralize the red sox these days!

:D

Jeez dude thats lame. A couple of weeks ago you were on here telling everyone that the Marlins had a great shot of making the playoffs and that they had a good shot at knocking the Mets out of the playoffs. Now you are back to "we only should have won 50"?

Thems is sour grapes.

I thought they did have a shot at making the playoffs, and I didn't think we'd only win 50, but how many of you guys thought they'd win more than 50? I predicted about 73 wins this year.

AnibalEmail.gif

I'm loving the Marlins new marketing campaigns. There's another one that goes "Who would've thought a 26 year old rule 5 rookie could make the all Star game?"

Rarely, but it's not as though it's never happened. I think it's a pretty real possibility this year.

If anything, he'll help Jeter's chances by taking some votes away from Morneau. Also, I believe that last starter to win the MVP was Vida Blue like 30something years ago. I really could care less about the awards, I just love the anti-Yankee bitching.

Yeah. In part because of an excessive amount if IBBs. Not that he can be blamed for that. I wonder how many of those came during games in which Moises Alou was out.

Ray Durham was destroying people in August. He was on fire.

Kind of a questionable move to continue the Sox-Mariners game today after a long rain delay in the 6th. People are flopping around all over. With Juan Uribe on second, Dye hit a grounder to short. Uribe was tagged out at third and Dye fell over two feet from home plate and was out on a weird double play and out of the game.

Kind of a questionable move to continue the Sox-Mariners game today after a long rain delay in the 6th. People are flopping around all over. With Juan Uribe on second, Dye hit a grounder to short. Uribe was tagged out at third and Dye fell over two feet from home plate and was out on a weird double play and out of the game.

It's a meaningless game with only a week left in the season -- why not play it. Make-up games are kind of hard to schedule this late in the year.