Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said his wife knew he was going to be fine when she came in one day and he asked her "How the hell did [pitcher] end up on [team]?" It would probably be more poignant if I could remember the player and team involved, but you get the idea.

"Austin Kearns get to the Nationals."

*see his insider article.

Yeah, that's the one. :lol

Hey, I thought there might have been a mix up. In the article he referrenced Kearns and asked his nurse. Obviously not a pitcher and asking his wife. Unless, of course, he's secretly married to Linda the Nurse on the sly and Kearns pitches in a magical elf-land league.

I didn't catch the EEI interview.

Hey, I thought there might have been a mix up. In the article he referrenced Kearns and asked his nurse. Obviously not a pitcher and asking his wife. Unless, of course, he's secretly married to Linda the Nurse on the sly and Kearns pitches in a magical elf-land league.

I didn't catch the EEI interview.

Jesus, it's like some surreal version of "telephone." :stunned

You know, the game where a bunch of kids sit in a circle, and the first kid whispers something like "Why wait for tomorrow," and after it goes around the circle you end up with "My taint burns with sorrow"? That game?

Ah. It is a bit like that at this point, isn't it. On a side note, I hope my taint never burns with anything, save a desire for utter freedom.

And now, back to baseball....

Ah. It is a bit like that at this point, isn't it. On a side note, I hope my taint never burns with anything, save a desire for utter freedom.

Just don't scratch yourself while slicing jalapenos.

I've decided that I'm hopping on the "Brandon Inge is a good fielding thirdbaseman" bandwagon. I spent a lot of time arguing with other Tigers fans about it in the past. It used to always seem like the reason he was making all these hard plays was that he was just never in the right place to begin with, so he had to do something dramatic to make the play that a better fielder would have done easily. But lately I'm coming around. He's got some skills over there.

Oh yeah, he's a terrible contact hitter. The dude was sent down to the minors for a few months in 2003 (the 119 loss season) because his hitting sucked so bad. That says a lot for that team. At least he has a little pop in his bat now, but he's still the last guy on the team I want up in a big situation (other than Neifi Perez of course, but I sort of like to pretend like he's not on the team).

Joe Crede hit into three double plays today. He's been hitting so badly lately that it's almost certain his back is hurting him (he spent some games off not too long ago). Good thing Ozzie wouldn't think about playing a stud third baseman call-up in a crucial game when Crede was 1 for his last 19 (and now 1 for 23 or some such).

Joe Crede hit into three double plays today. He's been hitting so badly lately that it's almost certain his back is hurting him (he spent some games off not too long ago). Good thing Ozzie wouldn't think about playing a stud third baseman call-up in a crucial game when Crede was 1 for his last 19 (and now 1 for 23 or some such).

Reigning Manager of the Year.

This is a poorly written article by a guy who is generally a turd, but I think it does touch on an important issue that not too many people are talking about:

The pain principle

By Jeff Passan, Yahoo! Sports

September 21, 2006

Every six months, New York Yankees pitcher Randy Johnson gets injected with a substance in his right knee that allows him to pitch without pain. With the injections, Johnson can work out longer and harder and stay fresh at 43 years old despite the complete lack of cartilage in his knee.

And this treatment

Edited by MrRain422
Pedro goes 5 innings and gives up 4 runs. Willie Randolph is quoted as saying this is an encouraging start for Pedro. *Sigh*

Well, it's better than him getting completely shelled, but I did notice an overly positive spin was being put upon last night's performance.