Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Ortiz and Howard have had great years, but I think the MVP should go to a player who contributed to their team making the postseason. (Howard's still got a shot as the Phils are right in there still.)

Think Girardi will get the axe?

he plays more than wakefield, was what i was tryin' to say.

I hear, ya. I'm a Trot fan, as well but h's been plaqued with injuries a lot the past 4 years or so and misses substantial chunks of seasons. I'd like to see a healthy Nixon play optimum games for a year, but the reality is he's injury-prone and on the down-side of his career. As much as I dig the man as a player, I'd welcome an upgrade in right field.

Seeing as my team was expected to win 50 games by most of you guys (and everyone else), I'd say the last 20 wins or so have just been gravy.

Jeez dude thats lame. A couple of weeks ago you were on here telling everyone that the Marlins had a great shot of making the playoffs and that they had a good shot at knocking the Mets out of the playoffs. Now you are back to "we only should have won 50"?

Thems is sour grapes.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5991660

done deal

he'll coach the Cubs fo sure next year

I will never understand why sources leak shit like this before it actually happens. This only kills the morale of the team and makes Girardi a lame duck. Although it would be close to a miracle, the Marlins still have/had a shot. Why leak something like this now?

Unless the bad blood is so bad that they just want to make Girardi suffer.

Three players that should be ahead of Jeter in MVP voting.

1. Justin Morneau.

2. Frank Thomas. Have you seen that lineup?

3. Johann Santana.

Yep, all those guys deserve it over Jeter. Here are a few more:

Jermaine Dye

David Ortiz

Travis Hafner (even with the injury, IMO, but yeah, I can see the argument here)