Wilco Photo Contest

Well, I've not won any contests or anything. But I seem to find Wilco wherever I travel. Once, at the Taj Mahal, those guys came out of nowhere and bullied their way into my photo while I was trying to get a shot of me at that famous 'bench'.

Then there was the time I saw Jeff doing the Hummingbird on a remote beach in Ireland...

Oh, no photoshop of course ;)

Pics Here

charles

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the girl wrapped in tin foil in front of the colliseum. My friends and I had a great time with the photo, lots of people stopped to take photos of me, and then we walked through il centro and traffic actually parted to let me cross the street, people asked me where i was going and if they should follow me, and an entire tour group applauded me.

When I meet friends of the friends who helped me out, they've all the seen the photos, and are always like, "ooooooh, you're the chrome devil."

I was a winner too. (Mine was the picture of my daughter in the Wilco onesie with the Heinekin bottle next to her.)

The poster I received was the one with the bulldozer/backhoe/some kind of big rig holding the word Wilco. What a cool prize, original artwork signed by the whole band. It took about 4 weeks or so to get it.

Also, I use Hotmail and the notification showed up in "Junk" mail because it wasn't from a recognized source so if anyone is awaiting word on a submitted photo and you use Hotmail, check your "Junk" folder.

My wife Amy received the e-mail today that she is a winner (the "Mom Rocks" cake/ Wilco family photo). It is a perfect ending to the photo.

My wife bought me tickets to see Wilco in Ontario for father's day. We both had a great time at our first Wilco show.

A couple of mix tapes later she's a big fan.

She ensures the kids have fully consumed the Wilco kool-aid.

The Blond Boy is a freak for Black Drum and Can't Hear It On The Radio (Wilco calls them Misunderstood and The Late Greats). His brother Monkey See Monkey Do of course concurs.

The Older Sister loves I am Trying to Break Your Heart and inexplicably Hell is Chrome. "It can be slow and still rock", she tells me.

For Aim's birthday the kids and I make a Mom Rock's cake and I surprise everybody with Wilco t-shirts. Monkey See Monkey Do of course gets dinner all over his.

A great day, a great memory further enhanced by being on the Wilco website.

Oh and we're both looking forward to E. Lansing. Mom Rocks!!!! :rock

• 2 months later...
Sorry to massively bump this thread, but I was a photo contest winner and I have patiently waited for my prize but nothing has arrived in the mail. Is anyone else still waiting or am I a hiccup in the system?

(And who's the grand winner, anyways?)

Perhaps you ought to drop them a note....it does sound like you might have been accidentally overlooked.

I also wondered if they had chosen a Grand Prize winner. They had a lot of fabulous stuff to choose from! :yes

We just got our poster a few days ago. It was mailed and we didn't receive it, so they mailed another non-personalized poster. We received both posters on the same day. I would definetly drop them a line. Everyone my wife e-mailed was very very helpful and very nice. A first class organization.