Now playing from 29th August 2006

besides Penny On A Train Track, which i absolutely love, i've only listened once

so we'll see :)

but i can already say it's better than the last one, because i made it through without cringing ;)

:lol

It's no lyrical masterpiece, to be sure. But it is poppy and fun, which is probably why I'm enjoying it so much. Honestly, I can see it growing stale rather quickly, but for now... thumbs up.

EDIT: Penny On A Train Track is easily my favorite track on the album as well.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GD 10/17/83...Monstrous 17 min.Sugaree 1st set opener.Thanks,Chris!!

Never met a Sugaree I didn't like :thumbup

It fades a bit by about side three, the first part of the second half, but I think the last couple of tracks are all really strong. It's even further all over the place then Heart, so it's probably going to take awhile for it all to sink in. I might have gotten a little carried away by saying it's on "Heart's" level, but I do think it's a really good record. Beanbag Chair, Mr. Tough, The Weakest Part and Black Flowers are up there with some of my favorite Yo La Tengo songs. Ultimately I have no objectivity when it comes to my favorite groups, I loved Summer Sun, so I am probably not the most credible source, but hopefully you'll enjoy it a little more after a couple more listens.

--Mike

i'm sure it will grow on me a good deal, i just was really expecting great things i guess, especialy w/ the best album title of '06 ;)

i'm super excited to see 'em again though, been a long time. i had to miss them here in '03

At least I don't feel to bad about having a go about the new Ben Kweller album now... Penny is definitely the best track on it...

To kick start the day:

B000GRTQSE.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V63825675_.jpg

Still don't like the nasal singing on Spirit On The Water, but still a very good album...

Haven't heard the new Ben Kweller yet. Ive got it racked up for a download later though...

For now:

B000HKCRW2.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59937250_.jpg

How is it? I've never listened to a Bennett solo album, admittedly.

Not bad... sounds very much like Elvis Costello... but his voice isn't as good.

Haven't heard the new Ben Kweller yet. Ive got it racked up for a download later though...

For now:

B000HKCRW2.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59937250_.jpg

How's that new Rapture album? I must admit, the new single got my foot tapping...

Im really really enjoying. Alot more electro than Echoes. Alot more commercial too.. But the cowbell is still present which is nice.

besides Penny On A Train Track, which i absolutely love, i've only listened once

so we'll see :)

but i can already say it's better than the last one, because i made it through without cringing ;)

I like the new album a lot. Penny On A Train Track might be his best song to date imo.