Now playing from 29th August 2006

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god the last record was the biggest piece of shit, sorry dude. while his lyrics have always been immature, those were the WORST... Hospital Bed? My Apartment??? :yucky

and no, this new one isn't even remotely on the same level as Trials ;)

iamnotafraidofyou400.jpg

Through the Beat Your Ass Season Pass, which you can get to by pre-ordering the record. Incredible stuff, this band keeps getting better and better with age, this one gives I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One a run for it's money.

--Mike

seriously??

i only heard it once yesterday for the first time, and while it was OK, didn't even remotely touch their 90's work i thought...

i wasn't really that impressed with it through one listen unfortunately... few great songs, but on the whole just an OK record. i'll give it some more listens though, cuz i was really hoping for a nice return to form

i was just hoping it'd be better than Summer Sun, which was pretty blah, but so far i'm not sure which i prefer

oh god the last record was the biggest piece of shit, sorry dude. while his lyrics have always been immature, those were the WORST... Hospital Bed? My Apartment??? :yucky

I think I listened to the last album all the way through MAYBE twice... so bad. I really really dig the new one though. Guess I'm in the minority... ;)

seriously??

i only heard it once yesterday for the first time, and while it was OK, didn't even remotely touch their 90's work i thought...

i wasn't really that impressed with it through one listen unfortunately... few great songs, but on the whole just an OK record. i'll give it some more listens though, cuz i was really hoping for a nice return to form

i was just hoping it'd be better than Summer Sun, which was pretty blah, but so far i'm not sure which i prefer

It fades a bit by about side three, the first part of the second half, but I think the last couple of tracks are all really strong. It's even further all over the place then Heart, so it's probably going to take awhile for it all to sink in. I might have gotten a little carried away by saying it's on "Heart's" level, but I do think it's a really good record. Beanbag Chair, Mr. Tough, The Weakest Part and Black Flowers are up there with some of my favorite Yo La Tengo songs. Ultimately I have no objectivity when it comes to my favorite groups, I loved Summer Sun, so I am probably not the most credible source, but hopefully you'll enjoy it a little more after a couple more listens.

--Mike

Edited by mpolak21