I need the board's help

Women don't like it when you do stuff that they don't like. Getting trashed and blowing good money at the black jack table doesn't really indicate that you'll be a good provider and a responsible partner, does it?

BullsEye!

I would stick to SF and Big Sur, leave Vegas to the other losers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have 69 total posts.

I think fate has given you an answer to your problems.

bingo!!

Bjorn is wise, and j4 is wiser!

sounds like you're trying to find a way to make your girlfriend the cause of your guilt, when really it was your own stupidity. you need to realize this and get over it, or things will be weird every time you do something stupid in the future.

I say try to remind her of all the fun you had in SF, and how you've really learned your lesson on the gambiling and drinking. (Just drinking's OK, though!)

The SF part of your trip sounded fantastic. I love that area and can't wait to go back. Any pics? (No Jude, not THOSE kind of pics! :no )

It really comes down to two things.

1.Can you fart in front of her?

2.Can she fart in front of you?

If the answer for 1. is yes,were on a good start,if answer is no,whoose problem is this.

If the answer for 2. is yes,and you can laugh at it without puking,that's the one,if answer to 2. is a no..........................my friend you are fucked in the worst way.

Sorry for the brutal reality of love!

Edited by oceanman
Bjorn is wise, and j4 is wiser!

Hell yes,Bjorn is wise...he's friggin' Rasputin!!! :cheers j4,as well

Sorry,I never understood gambling with money,only my sanity :yes

If the answer for 2. is yes,and you can laugh at it without puking,that's the one,if answer to 2. is a no..........................my friend you are fucked in the worst way.

Yeah, I was trying to say something like that.

so what should i do??

Find a woman that won't get all put out when you go on a binge, or deal with the fact that if you want this one you can't do fun things like booze it up, gamble, etc, etc.

Seriously, give up that stuff because you know it's gonna cause a rift or decide that your gonna do what you damn well please and it's gonna bring the pain. Sounds like you can't win either way. You give up the things that you like and there will always be resentment towards her because you will be blaming her for taking all your fun away. You keep doing stuff then she's pissed off all the time. It's a loose-loose proposition. Consider you may not be right for each other. Sorry man...not what you want to hear surely...just my opinion. What the fuck do I know about this stuff?

Sounds like you can't win either way. You give up the things that you like and there will always be resentment towards her because you will be blaming her for taking all your fun away. You keep doing stuff then she's pissed off all the time.

Yep.

Is she treating you differently since it all went down? I'm really curious about this. Has she changed to the point where you could honestly accuse her of trying to make you feel guilty? Or is it all in your head?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but my first reaction to your post was thinking how immature you sound. Are you really in love? It doesn't sound like it to me. It sounds like you were in lust and infactuated and in love with the idea of being in love. But based upon what you are feeling and experiencing right now, I am a little skeptical - I mean, how could real and true love be on such shaky ground that one horrible experience undermines it?

If you can't deal with the emotional stuff, you're screwed one way or another, because true love and lasting love is full of emotion. I think ultimately you're screwed, and I can't help but think it's nobody's fault but maybe your own. A part of me thinks you can't handle conflict or conflict resolution. Now that the relationship with more grounded in reality and not floating in the clouds, how content are you?

If you break up with her, you're going to hate yourself because you let her get away. If you stay with her, chances are you're not going to be able to shake these feelings. Either way, it sounds like the relationship has surpassed your carnal interest.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I really don't want to sound judgmental or preachy (although I'm sure I do and people will call me on it). Bottom line, you made an ass of yourself and it could'nt have been at a worst time. What a dream vacation and trip. To have it ruined so carelessly probably undermined some of what she thought about you prior to Vegas. She too is probably dealing with the reality that your relationship has come down from the mountaintop high. Can you two survive and even thrive in the real world of long-term relationships? Obviously, she got drunk too - but it sounds like for the most part you are in the blame for this situation.

What'cha gonna do?

Is she treating you differently since it all went down? I'm really curious about this. Has she changed to the point where you could honestly accuse her of trying to make you feel guilty? Or is it all in your head?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but my first reaction to your post was thinking how immature you sound. Are you really in love? It doesn't sound like it to me. It sounds like you were in lust and infactuated and in love with the idea of being in love. But based upon what you are feeling and experiencing right now, I am a little skeptical - I mean, how could real and true love be on such shaky ground that one horrible experience undermines it?

If you can't deal with the emotional stuff, you're screwed one way or another, because true love and lasting love is full of emotion. I think ultimately you're screwed, and I can't help but think it's nobody's fault but maybe your own. A part of me thinks you can't handle conflict or conflict resolution. Now that the relationship with more grounded in reality and not floating in the clouds, how content are you?

If you break up with her, you're going to hate yourself because you let her get away. If you stay with her, chances are you're not going to be able to shake these feelings. Either way, it sounds like the relationship has surpassed your carnal interest.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I really don't want to sound judgmental or preachy (although I'm sure I do and people will call me on it). Bottom line, you made an ass of yourself and it could'nt have been at a worst time. What a dream vacation and trip. To have it ruined so carelessly probably undermined some of what she thought about you prior to Vegas. She too is probably dealing with the reality that your relationship has come down from the mountaintop high. Can you two survive and even thrive in the real world of long-term relationships? Obviously, she got drunk too - but it sounds like for the most part you are in the blame for this situation.

What'cha gonna do?

He answers all this very concisely in another thread.

Money can be replaced more easily than love. DBoon, this woman obviously loves you. Try to be worthy of that.

so many arguments are fueled by alcohol.

true,and many can be forgotten by more alcohol :unsure