New Jay Bennet song

What the name?

He has a myspace page with some new songs from his forthcoming album. I like them a lot. We're myspace friends. :wub

I think it's "Replace You"

He has a myspace page with some new songs from his forthcoming album. I like them a lot. We're myspace friends. :wub

are you this guy?

1024898185_m.jpg

I will point out that this guy is in a relationship and is ostensibly happy. That should be tip off number one that this is not me.

I think he's in a relationship with the people in his head, and ostensibly wasted. :stunned

This thread is almost as good as "what is your favorite Wilco album"

I like Jay and what he brought to the table in Wilco, but I can not understand how people are getting into his latest stuff. I listened to his stuff on MySpace, and for starters his voice is painful to listen to, its a flem filled growl of a voice, and not in a Tom Waits charming way. Lay of the tabacco my friend. And secondly, the song "Replace You" sounds like a Being There rip off. I thought I was listening to "I Got You (At the End of the Century)" for a moment.

The other night I met Jay's manager (who, for some reason, lives in Boston). He gave me a copy of Jay's forthcoming CD, as well as CD by a band from Iowa City called Death Ships. He said that Jay will be touring in the fall, with Death Ships opening and then also playing as Jay's band.

I have only listened to Jay's CD once and (as someone else said) I have trouble with his voice. There is one song he wrote with John Stirratt and I think Ken Coomer plays on a couple of tracks.

He gave me a copy of Jay's forthcoming CD, as well as CD by a band from Iowa City called Death Ships. He said that Jay will be touring in the fall, with Death Ships opening and then also playing as Jay's band.

On a slight tangent to the thread, what do you think of the Death Ships cd, they play in Iowa City frequently and I've been meaning to check them out...

On a slight tangent to the thread, what do you think of the Death Ships cd, they play in Iowa City frequently and I've been meaning to check them out...

I like it. The guy who gave it to me (their manager) described it as Wilco crossed with the Shins, which I don't really see. There is defintely an early Wilco feel, some Jayhawks perhaps. Some nice guitars ...