this week's events:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sick all week, and still am. Coughing a lot, congested. It's gross.

Naturally, I've not ever felt quite sick enough in the morning to call in, especially considering the super-hot deadline I'm dealing with right now (which is why I'm at work on a Saturday). But, being sick, I wasn't very productive this week (which is also why I'm at work on a Saturday).

Ugh.

:lol Three other people from my department are now here. They're all sick, too. We were all hoping to come in and get some work done with no one else around. So much for that plan. :stunned
oh yeah, right. like i believe you now. i sure hope you haven't been out buying quick-lime again.

Oh my. That's two known VC associates of mine that have vanished into thin air. I have alibis.

Really. :shifty

My pick for "Greatest American of the Week" is this woman.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Margaret Johnson might have looked like an easy target.

But when a mugger tried to grab a chain off her neck Friday, the 56-year-old Johnson, while riding in her wheelchair, pulled out her licensed .357 pistol and shot him, police said.

Johnson said she was in Manhattan's Harlem neighborhood on her way to a shooting range when the man, identified by police as 45-year-old Deron Johnson, came up from behind and went for the chain.

"There's not much to it," she said in a brief interview. "Somebody tried to mug me, and I shot him."

Deron Johnson was taken to Harlem Hospital with a single bullet wound in the elbow, police said. He faces a robbery charge, said Lt. John Grimpel, a police spokesman.

Margaret Johnson, who lives in Harlem, has a permit for the weapon and does not face charges, Grimpel said. She also was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and later released.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Sad to see things have gone downhill for Deron after his baseball career ended.

there's a restaurant in our neighborhood where the owner is known to be a bit "explosive" and he was robbed a few times, once at shotgun point, the owner took the gun from the robber and just about beat him to death with it. Then called the cops. He was called a hero. I don't think he was robbed again.

tomorrow we're going to a friends house to watch football, and while they put on a nice spread, they do not believe in dessert. Mind you, i don't believe in football and yet i still show up. Anyway, i thought i'd bring me own damn dessert (and beer because they drink the crappiest beer ever.)

Good for you. What are they, Mormons or something?

Good for you. What are they, Mormons or something?

no, they are both really calorie conscious. Of course they each drink about 20 Coors Lights at a sitting and make home-made pizza with easily four inches of cheese on it, but whatever. Anyway, i've learned to bring my own dessert, soda, activity (tomorow i'll bring needlepoint as i'm not allowed to work when the patriots are playing) and sweet treat, and caliber picked up a decent enough beer without it seeming too snotty to bring out own.

Groovy. I think I'm going to be on my own for Manning a Manning. I need more degenerate, football-watching friends.