wilco album and tour news...

just received an email from wilcoworld saying that the album's coming along nicely and that it should be ready for spring! something to look forward to!

also, heads up: they said there wouldn't be a lot of touring for a while after this little tour coming up, so if you want to see them soon, you'd better go.

lastly, the guys have a podcast now. epi #1 features glenn...his fave wilco stuff and songs from other artists. i haven't listened yet, but it should be fun. you can listen to it on the site or dl it to your mp3 player of choice

here's the link:

wilco podcast

happy friday, everyone. :cheers

just received an email from wilcoworld saying that the album's coming along nicely and that it should be ready for spring! something to look forward to!

also, heads up: they said there wouldn't be a lot of touring for a while after this little tour coming up, so if you want to see them soon, you'd better go.

lastly, the guys have a podcast now. epi #1 features glenn...his fave wilco stuff and songs from other artists. i haven't listened yet, but it should be fun. you can listen to it on the site or dl it to your mp3 player of choice

here's the link:

wilco podcast

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Happy Friday to you too! :D

here's the link:

wilco podcast

I got the e-mail but overlooked the podcast announcement, it's taking forever to download but I am sure it will be well worth the trouble.

--Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Bump! :)

found this article on the new wilco material:

Before returning to recording, Wilco will kick off a short tour at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Purdue University's Elliott Hall of Music.

Kotche believes the new songs already in the can will keep Wilco's stock rising the way previous records have -- with passionate songwriting, music making and solid live shows, all without the help of radio or MTV.

"The new songs are great, and I love them," Kotche said. "They don't fit together yet, but some are rockin'. Some are beautiful and soulful."

the rest of the article

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...80301/1152/NEWS

Actually, I hope not. I would like some of the new album to be a surprise. What I would prefer is that they resurrect some oldies and give them new arrangements and wow us that way.

when you wake up feeling old and why would wanna live have been neglected way too long

Article from last nights show didn't know where I should post this:

Following this tour, which ends with Nov. 24 and 25 shows in the band's hometown, Wilco will go back into the studio to finish recording its album, due out in April :dancing

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...50326/1152/NEWS

and another article

http://www.purdueexponent.org/?module=arti...p;story_id=2313

Edited by WiNoNa CrAzY

I'll go with May 22. Should we get a pool going?