Recommend Some New Music

At the M. Ward show I was at recently, I got an EP from Mike Coyendall with my shirt purchase. I've read he engineered the M. Ward stuff and was in the Old Joe Clarks (who I'm not familiar with). Anyway, the EP impresses me tremendously. It's pretty hard to describe singer-songwriter fare but that's what it is. He's got a pretty unique voice.

http://www.mikecoykendall.com/

Edited by Rufer

Dr. Dog. I saw them open for the Raconteurs last weekend and was really impressed. Nice, organic, heart-felt pop with tons of guitar and vocal harmonies. The singing bass-player was super intense and into it. The other singer was really good too.

Just heard this group today, and they are pretty good.

Halfway

Their album is out in November. The first track on myspace is pretty average, but it doesn't look like that'll be on the album. The second song, however, which is on the album, sounds pretty good to me. It has a very War on War style vibe to it, but with a country edge, sung by a softer Chris Robinson. Damn, I'm good with the silly similarities!

h80269ezjgw.jpg

Make History by Thunderbirds Are Now!

Their last album, Justamustache was my favorite album of '05. This new one isn't quite as good, but it isn't too far behind. This is one of my favorite bands in the world right now. They're incredibly fun, high energy, tight as all hell.