Now playing 2nd Oct 2006

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a very "american" album... I'd certainly be interested to hear what people this side of the pond thought of it... I find it hard to connect with, though some of the riffs are neat, and I like some of the lyrics, it just sounds like a jam band event that have listened to one too many Springsteen records...

*stands back and waits for a beating*

I think it's a very "american" album... I'd certainly be interested to hear what people this side of the pond thought of it... I find it hard to connect with, though some of the riffs are neat, and I like some of the lyrics, it just sounds like a jam band event that have listened to one too many Springsteen records...

You guys never got the Replacements either, so there is some strange Minnesota thing that probably will prevent THS from jumping the Atlantic.

Course it was also a Brit who yelled out 'Judas' in 1965.

Have you managed to listen to the Loney, Dear album yet?

Also, on an unrelated note - im quite chuffed as ive just found out you can order Under The Radar magazine from the Rough Trade online store -

You guys never got the Replacements either, so there is some strange Minnesota thing that probably will prevent THS from jumping the Atlantic.

Course it was also a Brit who yelled out 'Judas' in 1965.

I really like The Replacements and electric Dylan so make of that what you will :D :music

Have you managed to listen to the Loney, Dear album yet?

Also, on an unrelated note - im quite chuffed as ive just found out you can order Under The Radar magazine from the Rough Trade online store -

I can normally find Under The Radar in Borders, is there one in Ipswich? Bought the new Plan B on Tues, got a nice free CD with it...

Nah - theres nothing in Ipswich apart from HMV and Virgin. Though, HMV do stock Plan B - so thanks for the reminder! Whos in it this month?

ipod is all cued up to play this on my way home:

B0007M22S4.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

have a great weekend everyone! Its my sons christening on Sunday so ill be spending the weekend getting tipsy..

agreed. but i really do like some of the lyrics.

This record is amazing. I can't stop playing it. :cheers :beer :music :wub :w00t

it is pretty sweet

maybe i wasn't paying much attention, but it didn't seem like many people gave a shit about their last record, Fuckin A, which i think is as strong if not better than the new one.

they're a great live band

hmm, i'm here all alone again.

going through a shitload of outtakes from dylan's mid 60s albums now. been ages since i did this, so i thought its about time... some nice gems here that sound better the tunes on the albums :rock

phantom engineer, playing now