• yes
    • no
    • where the hell is ction
    • other

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've dumped Comcast cable and switched to AT&T/Yahoo DSL. Didn't want to, really -- Comcast's speed was fantastic, but the combined internet/television bill jumped up to around $136/month recently when a year-long promotion ended, and I simply refuse to pay that much for that stuff.

I never had a good experience with Comcast. The speed was good but it would randomly cut off my internet for no reason sometimes for a minute to a hour. It was frustrating. I called the people up and they said they had no idea what was wrong. After a year I just got sick of it and got a Clear wore a wireless local internet provider. Its slow and sometimes it disconnects when the weather is crappy or it just feels like annoying me but after I move the box around and try to pick up a better signal its fine. Its about 30 dollers alot cheeper than comcast.

we have returned from art festivals.

this was easily the scariest thing i have seen:

dippedcritters.JPG

looks innocent enough, right? WRONG!

100% Soy Wax Dipped Critters. Bears, Cats, Dogs, Bunnies, Elephants, any animal can be dipped.

Bears, Bunnies, Cats,cows,pigs etc. Dipped in 100% Pure Soy Wax and heavily scented. These are the latest in Air Freshners and so cute! Caution - do not place critters directly on furniture as the fragrance oils will destroy the finish. Always place on a plate to protect furniture. Don't see an animal listed you like - we'll dip any stuffed animal you have on hand - Contact Me If you like Soy Products and are looking for more then check out my 100% Pure Soy Candles

As much as I hate Dolan and Cablevision, their broadband service has been pretty g-d reliable.

The reporting of Harold Ford Jr. holding himself out as a lawyer is such rubbish. The headline looks bad, but when you learn the details and context it's such a ridiculous thing to be treating as a story. ugh. campaigning is all around us...

:headbonk :headbonk :headbonk :headbonk :headbonk :headbonk :headbonk

:frusty

FULL.jpg

I don't think my throat has ever been this sore. It hurts like hell to swallow, and it's fucking excruciating to cough.

And I don't have any ice cream. Cottage cheese isn't the greatest substitute. :hmm

I don't think my throat has ever been this sore. It hurts like hell to swallow, and it's fucking excruciating to cough.

And I don't have any ice cream. Cottage cheese isn't the greatest substitute. :hmm

Tonsilitis?

Tonsilitis?

Dunno. Had something very much like this a few weeks ago, but not quite as severe on the throat. Lots of coughing, to the point where it's hard to sleep at night (which also explains why I'm up at 4:30 AM). Either that sickness never fully went away, or it's come back with reinforcements.

Go see a doctor! That's what they're there for!

Go see a doctor! That's what they're there for!

Just saw mine about three weeks ago. That was between the two bouts of sickness, naturally.

If I don't improve noticeably by Monday, I will probably go see him.

If it's recurring, it may not be a virus, but something bacterial. Cipro - ask for it by name. I had an on-and-off case of bronchitis for about two years that didn't go away until this B-52 of antibiotics was called in.

If I recall correctly, that's the stuff that'll also take down this case of anthrax I've been fighting, right?

That's correct. Good for what ails ye.

I hope all the VC boys that are sick feel better soon!

Some late season garden news:

IMG_1521.jpg

Blackhaw viburnum berries.

IMG_1553.jpg

Honeysuckle.

IMG_1556.jpg

Miscanthus strictus blooms.

There are many sublime fragrance gifts this time of year; second blooms of rose, honeysuckle and nicotiana.

Happy Sunday, y'all!