is this the new RTT?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. choose

• yes
    • no
    • where the hell is ction
    • other

Dunkin' Donuts, actually, killed off our local coffee shop. We don't have a Starbucks yet, but it would seem one is coming.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunkin' Donuts, actually, killed off our local coffee shop. We don't have a Starbucks yet, but it would seem one is coming.

one of my best friends owns our local donut shop

public enemies:

1. Columbus Smoking Ban (keeps out his old timer 1 AM coffee/smokers)

2. Tim Hortons

3. Krispie Kreme

4. Starbucks

I don't think we have DD

Jeebus is right, Starbucks is already out of control. 3 times as many stores is ridiculous. I don't ever go there, but I'd say they've about achieved market saturation (if I wasn't convinced before a walk around downtown Chicago convinced me fully). Looks like local and awsome coffee shops will need more support, and I don't have a problem with doing that.

In other news I need to get to work on this marimba/bass comp soon, that and practice some percussion before my lesson tomorrow.

Iworked for Starbucks for five years........looking back,it was an eye opener. the first 2 1/2 years were when they were privately held......coffe and customer service were king !!! THEN they went public.......It was like an M-80 goin' off....BANG!! training and coffee knowlege went in the toilet. It was all about improving "shareholder'' value........coffe is now only a means.....

Starbucks IS not a coffee company now.....they are a Real Estate company!!!! They have the economies of scale to buy choice corners of property , build a strip mall, lease out the space to cover the costs of running the drive thru and shop.......using the Starbucks "brand" to entice potential tenants.

BRILLIANT!! Support your local coffee bar....and roaster....who give a shit about the black gold.

-Robert.

Iworked for Starbucks for five years........looking back,it was an eye opener. the first 2 1/2 years were when they were privately held......coffe and customer service were king !!! THEN they went public.......It was like an M-80 goin' off....BANG!! training and coffee knowlege went in the toilet. It was all about improving "shareholder'' value........coffe is now only a means.....

Starbucks IS not a coffee company now.....they are a Real Estate company!!!! They have the economies of scale to buy choice corners of property , build a strip mall, lease out the space to cover the costs of running the drive thru and shop.......using the Starbucks "brand" to entice potential tenants.

BRILLIANT!! Support your local coffee bar....and roaster....who give a shit about the black gold.

-Robert.

Thanks for the heads up man.We have a local place here,but a 20 minute drive up the road & you start seeing Starbucks...as soon as you hit the city they are EVERYWHERE! If this expansion they're talking about comes true,it will be no time until we have one here.

What is a shame is that some areas this is looked at as a sign of progress,CIVILIZATION.Oh Gawd..the headlines..Mayor w/ the obligatory ribbon-cutting ceremony,etc... :no

My reaction to coffee: :hmm

It's bean juice people. Honestly, what's the big deal? I'll take a nice Chai Tea over that crap any day. (Having said all that, I do love their peppermint mocha at Christmas time, though.) Will Starbucks have to start evicting people from their homes to put up that many stores? Seems like they'd need to put in stores right next to existing stores to have enough room for all of them.

The Killer on Conan tonite! I got home too late to see him & NY last night.

one of my best friends owns our local donut shop

public enemies:

1. Columbus Smoking Ban (keeps out his old timer 1 AM coffee/smokers)

2. Tim Hortons

3. Krispie Kreme

4. Starbucks

I don't think we have DD

Which doughnut shop is the one you speak of? I work at Schnieder's in Westerville. Just finished frying all of our doughnuts....

The nectar is brewing.

Dunkin Donuts coffee is king -- I believe they put something tasty and addictive

(besides caffeine) in it.

I don't get Starbucks -- 'do you want a triple tall half mocha skinny

froth American double caramel cappacino?'

No, can I just have a cup of coffee?

WASHINGTON, (Reuters) -- Good news for aging hippies: Smoking pot may stave off Alzheimer's disease.

New research shows that the active ingredient in marijuana may prevent the progression of the disease by preserving levels of an important neurotransmitter that allows the brain to function.

Researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in California found that marijuana's active ingredient, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, can prevent the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from breaking down more effectively than commercially marketed drugs.

THC is also more effective at blocking clumps of protein that can inhibit memory and cognition in Alzheimer's patients, the researchers reported in the journal Molecular Pharmaceutics.

The researchers said their discovery could lead to more effective drug treatment for Alzheimer's, the leading cause of dementia among the elderly.

Those afflicted with Alzheimer's suffer from memory loss, impaired decision-making, and diminished language and movement skills. The ultimate cause of the disease is unknown, though it is believed to be hereditary.

The cure sounds alot like the disease. :hmm

should i go out for a hot breakfast, or go back to bed? You decide.

do you have things to plant today?

Hot breakfast = :coffee

i am taking the day off today. i have some errands to run and i'd like to thread my serger so i can start the pajama assembly line. i doubt i could go back to sleep anyway...the cats are too ramped up... i should just mosey down to nicks and get some breffest.

should i go out for a hot breakfast, or go back to bed? You decide.

Phheew. Bit of a sweat on here after a traditional English chicken madras for dinner. Just what the doctor ordered. Can't see the bird flu surviving that.

Upon hearing the news that Starbucks planned to triple its number of stores, Melissa asked exactly where the hell they planned to put them all. I said "You know that Starbucks that's in the front corner of the grocery store? Well, now they're also going to be in the two back corners."