• yes
    • no
    • where the hell is ction
    • other

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that a secret ingredient for Starbucks coffee is the blood of cute little bunnies.

Hi ction :wave.

My parents are now in Xiamen, China, and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept that they're halfway around the world.

In other words, airplanes are cool.

WASHINGTON, (Reuters) -- Good news for aging hippies: Smoking pot may stave off Alzheimer's disease.

I read that excessive beer drinking actually speeds up Alzheimers,so I should smoke purely FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES...excellent!

well, breakfast was a big hit. I had two scrambled eggs, soft no pepper, and a half stack of well soaked french toast and three cups of tea. And my friend Monika came in just as i was ordering so she not only had breakfast wiht me, but she PAID TOO!

I gotta take more days off if this is how they are going to be.

In other news: i am wearing a turtleneck (gray) and a puffy vest because it is CHILLY here. Now i am off to buy some stuff.

well, breakfast was a big hit. I had two scrambled eggs, soft no pepper, and a half stack of well soaked french toast and three cups of tea. And my friend Monika came in just as i was ordering so she not only had breakfast wiht me, but she PAID TOO!

Now that sounds like an awesome start to the day!

Only 10 minutes till I can go home :dancing

If there is room for 30,000+ McDonald's stores in the world, I'm sure we can squeeze in 40,000 Starbucks. I've actually read a lot about the Starbucks real estate strategy. Interesting stuff. McDonald's is the same way. They own all the land.

Edit: It should be noted Starbuck's does not typically own it's real estate like McDonald's. They're just really good at finding the best locations and lease agreements. Of course, store design is a key as well.

Edited by Jules

In other news: i am wearing a turtleneck (gray) and a puffy vest because it is CHILLY here. Now i am off to buy some stuff.

I had a croissant with nutella and some chai. it was great. Kinda chilly here too, but it's beautiful out. Have a wonderful friday everyone.

having just scarfed down fast food breakfast for some much-needed fuel, I am sorely envious of that breakfast experience...

viral or bacterial? Are you licking everyone's keyboard and phone?

well, I was just peeing everywhere...that won't do the job? i know i shouldn't be here, but we have two massive product launches next week and i can't afford to be out.

i don't know if i even actually have it, but the doctor said a lot of my symptoms seems to align and I did come off of having a pretty bad flu/cold not to long ago. she sent the chest x-ray to the hospital (which she said looke a tad cloudy in one little spot) and gave me some antibiotics. after tons of tests, it was nice to hear they ruled out strep, mono and meningitis.

The nectar is brewing.

Dunkin Donuts coffee is king -- I believe they put something tasty and addictive

(besides caffeine) in it.

I don't get Starbucks -- 'do you want a triple tall half mocha skinny

froth American double caramel cappacino?'

No, can I just have a cup of coffee?

I think Starbucks' regular coffee is better than Dunkin' Donuts. I refuse, however, to speak Italian at them. None of this "venti" bullshit. I'm all about "large regular, room for milk."

Edit: It should be noted Starbuck's does not typically own it's real estate like McDonald's. They're just really good at finding the best locations and lease agreements. Of course, store design is a key as well.

I have it on a good source that all land for new Starbucks locations are purchased. existing leases as they run out go towards this strategy.

-Robert.

I think Starbucks' regular coffee is better than Dunkin' Donuts. I refuse, however, to speak Italian at them. None of this "venti" bullshit. I'm all about "large regular, room for milk."

:thumbup Yeah, but they double speak it back to you in thier "language"

--Robert.

I actually spent some cash at a Starbucks this morning. I was at the grocery store anyway, and as it was kind of chilly outside, I thought maybe I'd try their hot chocolate because a few people have told me it's really good.

It is not.

Also: I ordered it as a "medium."

I actually spent some cash at a Starbucks this morning. I was at the grocery store anyway, and as it was kind of chilly outside, I thought maybe I'd try their hot chocolate because a few people have told me it's really good.

It is not.

Also: I ordered it as a "medium."

You want a vent mocha breve latte sans espresso shots? :punch

:lol