is this the new RTT?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. choose

• yes
    • no
    • where the hell is ction
    • other

Guest carlos
Banjo is at the grocery store too--he makes the lists. And, He doesn't know a lot about languages. Yeti might be able to help but it is his beauty spa day so he's drinking out of the toilet. Roland is on strike because he has hives and is convinced it is the little cats' fault and the little cats, Ancho and PeeWee (whose name may be changed to Denny) are really fresh and can't be trusted to say anything truthful. Jane is just unpleasant so i don't recommend asking her anything unless you want to get an earful regarding the state of affairs since "those other cats moved in."

Why the possible name change?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying that Jane is racist?

yes, that would be a fair assessment.

and the name changes are because sometimes the name just doesn't FIT and then their true name just comes to you and that's their name and it sticks.

Gerace?

not today...

EL FAMOUS Posted on: Sep 14 2005, 06:57 PM

Avenging Disco Godfather

Group: VIP Member

Member No.: 29

QUOTE(carlos @ Sep 14 2005, 01:41 PM) *

"El Famous vs. Some Else"

GERACED!

Forum: Tongue-Tied Lightning

Guest carlos
and the name changes are because sometimes the name just doesn't FIT and then their true name just comes to you and that's their name and it sticks.

see I have a theory on that.

i have not ever had maple sugar almonds but i suspect i would like them, and then they would make me sick.

in other news, MCHris, what do you think of Claire? Is she going to win MO? I found out yesterday that she was my mentor's college roommate.

McCaskill? I think she has a good shot at the senate. Polls are showing a pretty close race, (5 or 6 polling points). Bush has been here raising money for his rubber stamp boy, so there is the feeling that the Republicans are spooked.

McCaskill has been campaigning in the rural areas, which is where she lost votes in the gubernatorial race...we shall see.

Jim Talent is one scary cat, and I hope like hell he is ousted.

McCaskill & Talent are scheduled to debate on Tim Russert Sunday....should be interesting

I thought at a glance your avatar said

:lol I have tangled with Wolverine FANS before!

Those whom dare to challenge the bulls should be horsewhipped in the opinion of this humble horsemaster. An affront to national dignity should be served in kind with a physical retaliation of the ultimate caliber. Could it be, though action is appealing to rather than none, complete factoids should be believed to write the book of love with intents nevermore malicious and delicious. And blessed be the children, who dream of love and whispers that sail upon the wind with every mention of the chicago bulls, until life do us bring together in the realm of phantasy. Creation is for the young and experienced, however, beggars be we all, and until that is grasped by any living human, peace shall remain elusive. in short GO BULLS!!

yours in anger,

Horsemaster Freind

Those whom dare to challenge the bulls should be horsewhipped in the opinion of this humble horsemaster. An affront to national dignity should be served in kind with a physical retaliation of the ultimate caliber. Could it be, though action is appealing to rather than none, complete factoids should be believed to write the book of love with intents nevermore malicious and delicious. And blessed be the children, who dream of love and whispers that sail upon the wind with every mention of the chicago bulls, until life do us bring together in the realm of phantasy. Creation is for the young and experienced, however, beggars be we all, and until that is grasped by any living human, peace shall remain elusive. in short GO BULLS!!

yours in anger,

Horsemaster Freind

:o

Although the most famous citizen of my small hometown played for a number of years with Da Bulls (John "Crash" Mengelt),I still bleed Pacers' Blue & Gold.

Good luck w/ the Wallace fella tho.

yours in anger,

Horsemaster Freind

Ehh, funk dat. I would rather live in eternal war and darkness than root for the Bulls. I would even root for Miami or L.A. over the Bulls.

Did you look under its skirt?

The only time I can remember being beaten that completely in a battle of patience was with a Woman.

Therefore, through deductive reasoning, I concluded that it was she.

I was just quoting an infamous poster on the White Sox board. It was made a year and some months ago.

That's why I said "funk dat" and not "funk you." I don't blame people who root for their home teams; in fact, I distrust those who do otherwise. I think people who grew up around here and root for the Dallas Cowboys, for instance, have some sort of social disorder.

Jeebus!

Starbucks to triple store numbers

Starbucks has increased its long-term store expansion target to 40,000 outlets around the world, more than triple the existing number.

The US coffee giant, which currently has 12,000 global outlets, sees half of the eventual 40,000 stores being in the US and the other half overseas.

Starbucks, which had previously had a target of 30,000 branches, had not given a timescale for the new figure.

Same store sales were up 6% in the five weeks to 1 October from a year earlier.

This was much higher than the 3.3% rise expected by analysts.

'Unique opportunity'

The latest sales figure and the new expansion target saw its shares end Thursday trading in New York up 8%.

Starbucks said its stores in the US were benefiting from increased business from Hispanics, women and less affluent consumers.

"We don't believe that we are even 50% through to the unique opportunity we have [for store numbers] in North America," said Starbucks founder and chairman Howard Schultz.

Abroad it was now focusing its attention on expanding into China, India, Egypt, Brazil and Russia.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/business/5411760.stm

Jeebus!

Starbucks to triple store numbers

Jeebus is right, Starbucks is already out of control. 3 times as many stores is ridiculous. I don't ever go there, but I'd say they've about achieved market saturation (if I wasn't convinced before a walk around downtown Chicago convinced me fully). Looks like local and awsome coffee shops will need more support, and I don't have a problem with doing that.

In other news I need to get to work on this marimba/bass comp soon, that and practice some percussion before my lesson tomorrow.