your not old, it's because those who reunited were not cool. (although i can't think of one good example right now)

this, of course, is not the case in the latest rash of reunions or possible reunions.

As an example of "not the case", it has been cool having Mission of Burma making records again lately... Not that anyone noticed, or even remembered they existed back in the day... (well, anyone besides rock geeks like the folks here at VC)

As an example of "not the case", it has been cool having Mission of Burma making records again lately... Not that anyone noticed, or even remembered they existed back in the day... (well, anyone besides rock geeks like the folks here at VC)

Mission of Burma were huge. Their latest tour/album have been quite up to snuff. I personally don't dig their shit. But, I appreciate their input.

I would love to hear this. Can someone help me out? Mission of Burma's reunion has been amazing. They have released two very good records and the live shows are great. They are a band that was/is criminally underrated so it is nice to see them getting long overdue attention even if it is on a small scale.

Okay, I've been giving the new album a listen for a few days now and I am still forming my opinion on the record. I think that the album is a good reunion album. It really does sound like some stuff that dino could have put out in the 90's with a better sound to it. I think that that's a blessing and a curse. It's nice for the fans but I fear that it's nothing more (problem, we're not in the 90's anymore). I guess this sort of thing doesn't go beyond the fan-base or community.

Don't get me wrong, as a fan, this is beyond my wildest imagination. At one time, there was no hope for a Dinosaur reunion much less Lou and J being in the same room together.

Okay, I've been giving the new album a listen for a few days now and I am still forming my opinion on the record. I think that the album is a good reunion album. It really does sound like some stuff that dino could have put out in the 90's with a better sound to it. I think that that's a blessing and a curse. It's nice for the fans but I fear that it's nothing more (problem, we're not in the 90's anymore). I guess this sort of thing doesn't go beyond the fan-base or community.

Don't get me wrong, as a fan, this is beyond my wildest imagination. At one time, there was no hope for a Dinosaur reunion much less Lou and J being in the same room together.

while i somewhat agree with you, that this is mostly for the old school fans, and should definitely appeal to most of them, on a few different forums already, i've seen a number people say "wow, i've never listened to Dinosaur Jr. before this new record, holy shit they're awesome", so who knows :)

I wouldn't call the leaked version "decidedly unmastered." Sounds pretty finished to me, though I'd like a bit more bass in the mix.

I recall Lou saying on his website J was still being J... :P

Nice to have Dino back tho :) Digging that album cover too, just saw it for the first time in the NP thread.

while i somewhat agree with you, that this is mostly for the old school fans, and should definitely appeal to most of them, on a few different forums already, i've seen a number people say "wow, i've never listened to Dinosaur Jr. before this new record, holy shit they're awesome", so who knows :)

Well, that's really cool. I hope some new people will jump on board.

the reunion dinosaur show in Houston was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

i agree...the reunion show i saw in asheville was a great rock show. i never saw them in their heyday...and i too am skeptical of reunions...but i look forward to hearing their new material.

spongebob

I listened to this again today, and I just need to reiterate how unbelievable it is. Did not see such a return to form coming at all. Almost Ready alone makes the whole album worthwhile, that guitar sound is so awesome and the chorus is damn catchy. Crumble, Pick Me Up, and This Is All I Came to Do could all work as singles, each one is awesome and I think any of the aforementioned songs could easily have been from the You're Living All Over Me/Bug era.

I really dig We're Not Alone too, the end where he sings it over and over has been in my head all day. And I love that crunchy guitar sound in It's Me

And others have mentioned I Got Lost is a nice change of pace for a Dino song, I really dig it. Didn't see expect to hear a ballad, but it works.

J of course has great fretwork all over the album and Murph has lot of cool moments. Lou's songs are also really good and Back to Your Heart is just as strong as any on the front half.

I think Solace had mentioned this, but I'll say it again that it's nice to be able to hear such a rockin guitar album.

So yeah...listen to this because it's amazing.