Huntsville, AL 10-9-06 setlist

Awesome show...incredible crowd and energy. Front and center.

Poor Places

Muzzle of Bees

Shot in the Arm

Impossible Germany

Break Your Heart

Kamera

Handshake Drugs

Jesus Ect

At Least

Airline

Walken

Theologians

I'm the Man

VIA CHICAGO!!

Hummingbird*

Encore:

Late Greats

Always in Love

How to Fight

HMD

2nd Ecore:

LNGC Away

Kingpin

Misunderstood

* Tweedy came to the front of the stage giving high fives and shaking hands while singing...I was lucky enough to shake it.

Band was in great form. He spoke about liking Alabama and wondered what they might win while they were in town. (last time they played at Alabama Theater they won a Grammy that night) He asked the crowd where everyone was from..Huntsville, B'ham, Nashville, Mobile.....Alaska(lots of laughs)

He worked the crowd alot in the encore...getting us to chant along for "Rock n Roll" and the power of it. I 'm fuzzy on what all was said but god they were so tight. Via chicago was so good. Late Greats was a power house. Impossible Germany is a keepr. its late..i'm out.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deadman hit the nail on the head... awesome show... the band sounded great

hearing poor places out the gate set the tone for a superb show

disappointed that what light wasn't played... but getting to see them play impossible germany satisfied...

can't wait till the next tour... alabama has been very kind to wilco the last 2 times they've come... so hopefully we'll see them again soon!

Definitely a great show. It was my first time seeing Wilco and I was not disappointed. Nels Cline is something else. Some of my personal favoirites were the opening three. Poor Places started out, Muzzle of Bees rocked and Shot in the Arm was just incredible. I was also glad they played Kamera. I sat next to a 15 year old kid who was also seeing them for the first time and his eyes looked like saucers. I got a setlist from the stage and after the show I met Jeff outside and he signed it for me. I felt kind of like a teeny bopper but, oh well. How often do you get the chance to see Wilco in Huntsville? I can't wait to see them again.

How To Fight Loneliness? Welcome back!

What the hell does LNGC Away stand for?

EDIT: LNGC Away is the setlist abbreviation for Let's Not Get Carried Away.

I'm not familiar with let's not get carried away?

Solo tune Soundtrack?

any Info?

Wish they would bring Kamera back more often

Edited by mchchef1
I'm not familiar with let's not get carried away?

Solo tune Soundtrack?

any Info?

Someone please correct me if I have this wrong, but "Let's Not Get Carried Away" is the song we've previously been calling Wreck/Rock Myself. It first appeared in the setlist on 10/4. The name "LNGC Away" comes from the band's setlist on the stage. See picture below...

http://wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=969

wilco-2006-10-04-setlist.jpg

Great show. We were treated to some rare songs (these days) live (Poor Places, How to Fight Loneliness, VIA freakin' CHICAGO!) and great sound.

I felt that the band was a little worn down by the touring. Nels seemed a little subdued. Glenn was spot-on of course, and it seemed like Tweedy had to force himself into a good mood which really surfaced as the show progressed.

Overall, well worth the four- hour drive and lack of sleep on a school night.

There is no doubt they are emotional wrecks right now after what Tweedy has lost but what better place to release than onstage and thats what they are doing. I saw them give it all for rock n roll last night. Lots of passion for the music. They left it all onstage.

Awesome show...incredible crowd and energy. Front and center.

Poor Places

Muzzle of Bees

Shot in the Arm

Impossible Germany

Break Your Heart

Kamera

Handshake Drugs

Jesus Ect

At Least

Airline

Walken

Theologians

I'm the Man

VIA CHICAGO!!

Hummingbird*

Encore:

Late Greats

Always in Love

How to Fight

HMD

2nd Ecore:

LNGC Away

Kingpin

Misunderstood

* Tweedy came to the front of the stage giving high fives and shaking hands while singing...I was lucky enough to shake it.

Band was in great form. He spoke about liking Alabama and wondered what they might win while they were in town. (last time they played at Alabama Theater they won a Grammy that night) He asked the crowd where everyone was from..Huntsville, B'ham, Nashville, Mobile.....Alaska(lots of laughs)

He worked the crowd alot in the encore...getting us to chant along for "Rock n Roll" and the power of it. I 'm fuzzy on what all was said but god they were so tight. Via chicago was so good. Late Greats was a power house. Impossible Germany is a keepr. its late..i'm out.

What an excellent setlist, I've been missing Kamera for quite awhile. And I mentioned last night how I wished Wilco would bring back How To Fight Loneliness. Nice seeing I'm Always In Love too, Summerteeth was well represented. Looks like a great, great show. I can't wait to get a source of this.

--Mike

Am I the only one who thought the show wasn't great? Not that it was bad, they're fine musicians with great material, but compared to past shows, it felt to me like they were going through the motions a bit. I've seen them 7 or 8 times, and they've always exhibited extraordinary patience and subtletly in their performances (and just to be clear, this isn't a lineup issue, I love the current lineup). Nearly every song seemed to fast, both in tempo and in development. Last night they seemed not to be responding to one another musically so much as playing their parts that they have played hundreds of times.

Maybe they've just been just touring TOO much, or maybe it's because they're touring behind a live album and feel the need to play to those recorded performances, but this show didn't have the magic that every other Wilco show I've seen had.

I've heard similar reports from other long-time Wilco fans from the Huntsville show and other dates, and I'm wondering what other VCers think...

Loved the show last night! Great crowd and lots of energy. This is the first tiem I've seen Wilco in an indoor setting. The acoustics of the room was great and the soundman had them dialed in perfectly.

Agree on the energy of Wilco. A bit slow to start but about mid-show i thought they elevated their game. Awesome energy to end with. Kingpin of course was very Loud (which suprised me about Huntsville).

Did get to sneak backstage and meet the band which was very, very cool. Got one of the "huntsville Wilco" posters signed by everyone. Going to the frame store tomorrow. Super nice guys all around. No Rock-n_roll ego bullshit. It was great. Mike was super generous with the Makers Mark.

I did record the set and it sounds damn good (IMO).

I will post to bt.etree.org today or tomorrow.

if anyone has an extra poster they would be willing to part with, it would be much appreciated. i watched the last one get sold to a guy in front of me in line. will pay or trade other show posters (non-wilco). let me know. great show...

My wife and I were there last night. We thought it was an awesome show. I've seen them 10 or 12 times now and it was great. The new line-up rocks and they crowd had a lot of energy. It was probably below the Ryman show from earlier this year but mainly because that is such a good venue. I was bothered by the sound for the opening band and worried that Wilco wasn't going to sound good either but they sounded great. Great set-list; lots of Summerteeth. First time I haven't heard Spiders in a while which is kinda sad for me cause that song rocks live but no real complaints with what they played. This is the first time my wife saw them and they didn't play California Stars (as far as we can remember). Every time we go I tell her not to get her hopes up (it's her favorite) but they always played it (for her, she's sure). No such luck last night but she still had a great time. Certainly worth a two hour drive on a school night. Now get your asses in the studio!

if anyone has an extra poster they would be willing to part with, it would be much appreciated. i watched the last one get sold to a guy in front of me in line. will pay or trade other show posters (non-wilco). let me know. great show...

Hey, my friend designed the posters, and I know that when she brought the ones to sell last night, she was also supposed to give the merch guy some to be sold on Wilco's online store--about 25 or so. It might be your best bet to start monitoring the site so that you can buy one there!

There is no doubt they are emotional wrecks right now after what Tweedy has lost but what better place to release than onstage and thats what they are doing. I saw them give it all for rock n roll last night. Lots of passion for the music. They left it all onstage.

I am out of the loop I suppose, but what are you referring to by the phrase "after what tweedy has lost" ?

Throw me in with the folks that thought the show was awesome. I was very impressed with the setlist and I particularly enjoyed "Walken." What a complex piece of music!

Jeff's mother died a few days before the tour started. But I have commented on the setlist every night on this tour and seriously they just gradually keep getting better. Poor Places to start, HTFL, Kamera. This is gd great!