Looks like it's gonna be LA and Magic in the finals. As far as I'm concerned the Nuggets proved they lack whatever it takes to get to that level tonight, horrid shot selection and lack of composure down the stretch. They looked whacked out and confused from about half way through the 3rd until the end, even Billups made questionable plays. On the other hand Kobe was a changed man, he made plays for his team and provided much needed leadership throughout the game and it made a huge difference. It won't matter if Denver wins 6 at home.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

Looks like it's gonna be LA and Magic in the finals. As far as I'm concerned the Nuggets proved they lack whatever it takes to get to that level tonight, horrid shot selection and lack of composure down the stretch. They looked whacked out and confused from about half way through the 3rd until the end, even Billups made questionable plays. On the other hand Kobe was a changed man, he made plays for his team and provided much needed leadership throughout the game and it made a huge difference. It won't matter if Denver wins 6 at home.

Much as I hate to admit it (being a Nuggets fan) I think you are right. I am having a hard time picturing Denver winning a game 7 in LA. An Orlando/Denver series would be David Sterns worst nightmare, does not look likely.

That's is the Cavs I expected. A bad series just got better.

Man, Lebron James' legend grows a bit with that game. He was just unconscious that whole 4th quarter.

Wow. Great performance by Lebron.

I think we're looking at 2 Game 7's coming up.

Orlando MUST feel some pressure going back home, knowing they need to win Game 6 to avoid going back to Cleveland. Their 3-point shooting came back to reality last night, and I expect the same in Game 6. Should be a great game tomorrow.

I think Denver's actually the better team in the West, but they don't do some of the small things that usually decide who wins an important series. I think LA wins the series, but Denver probably has one good game left.

Wow. Great performance by Lebron.

I think we're looking at 2 Game 7's coming up.

Orlando MUST feel some pressure going back home, knowing they need to win Game 6 to avoid going back to Cleveland. Their 3-point shooting came back to reality last night, and I expect the same in Game 6. Should be a great game tomorrow.

or not.

Cavs didn't make it mostly because they folded early Game 6, but over the series A. no one is big enough to guard Howard and B. all our guards are smaller than their guards, meaning C. the Cavs lose 9 times out of 10. Losing the series hasn't bothered me in the slightest. I knew it was a bad matchup to begin with, and I was still optimistic thanks to LeBron, but obviously when your supporting cast shoots like a baby you can't expect any other outcome.

I never thought I would be rooting for the Lakers. I actually want to see Dwight Howard cry like a big baby. Lakers in 6.

The Lakers truly have some kind of luck mojo that I can't explain. They win game 2 because Lee misses an easy lay up (by NBA standards). Orlando gets open looks and can't make any of the shots they made against Cleveland. Unbelievable.

The Lakers truly have some kind of luck mojo that I can't explain. They win game 2 because Lee misses an easy lay up (by NBA standards). Orlando gets open looks and can't make any of the shots they made against Cleveland. Unbelievable.

It would appear this changed last night.

It would appear this changed last night.

It's back. Orlando blows that last show before overtime, misses 15 free throws. And Kobe elbows a player in the face with no call, wait, that last one is just ref bias.

It's back. Orlando blows that last show before overtime, misses 15 free throws. And Kobe elbows a player in the face with no call, wait, that last one is just ref bias.

Or, also this:

1:14: Kobe waves his teammates away' date=' goes one-on-five, drives into the lane and draws a block on Nelson. No free throws because Orlando isn't even in the penalty yet. Why? Because the Magic have been getting every call for four quarters. (See Laker fans? And you thought I wouldn't mention this.) In fact, over a 16:53 stretch from the fourth quarter until the last three seconds of overtime, Orlando attempted 18 free throws and L.A. attempted zero. Zero!!!! How is that possible? That stat alone makes me wonder if Game 4 was more of a "greatest comeback" than a "greatest choke." But we're getting ahead of ourselves.[/quote']

Simmons is right. Like, for fucking reals, no fouls? That's a load of bullshit, and I'm not a Lakers fan.

• 6 months later...

It has to be said: after last night's debacle, it's time to FIRE VINNY DEL NEGRO. NOW.

The experiment hasn't worked. Time to cut your losses and move on, this time with a real coach.

I can't imagine he will be around after Christmas. They should never have passed up the option on Mike D'Antoni, you get what you pay for.