• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

The Chicago Boston series has been the best series by far. Why do I suspect that the NBA is going to do everything it can to make sure there is a Cavs/Lakers series? Should I be that paranoid?

If you would have told me a couple of years ago, hell, last year, that Joakim Noah would be a solid player in the NBA, I would have thought you were a jackass of some sort. Hats off. I haven't been interested in NBA basketball in many years. Look forward to tomorrow. :dancing

Ray Allen!

He was unconcious last night. I thought there was no way he should have shot that shot from the corner and he drained it like he was shooting practice shots.

If you would have told me a couple of years ago, hell, last year, that Joakim Noah would be a solid player in the NBA, I would have thought you were a jackass of some sort. Hats off. I haven't been interested in NBA basketball in many years. Look forward to tomorrow. :dancing

I don't generally watch the NBA much but this series has been very entertaining. Noah has been playing the best ball of his career but I still say the Jury is out on his being a solid player. I think his defense is improving, but his offensive game is so unpolished and herky jerky that at this point I see him being a journeyman player good enough to start for some teams but never good enough to be one of "those guys" who teams rely on for big plays. That being said his steal and break away dunk was a huge play.

Rondo is a dick too. He should have been tossesd when he threw Heinrich out of bounds in the first quarter. He was being boxed out and didn't like it so he tossed Kurt into the scorers table? Had the NBA given him the flgrant foul he was due from the last game he certainly would have been tossed.

Bulls deserve a ton of credit for not folding late in regulation. Pierce had a run of 2 three-pointers and 4 free-throws (one which fouled out Gordon)...and it was then I thought, "this is over...Boston wins."

But the Celtics defense was embarrassing. How does Miller get a WIDE OPEN run to the basket? WHY did Pierce foul Noah? Ridiculous.

The announcers kept talking about how great Miller and Hinrich were off the bench. Miller? YES. Hinrich? NO. Hinrich is very tough and competes, but his offensive game folds when in tight situations. He threw up one brick after another late. And the layup he missed could have cost Chicago the game.

FANTASTIC steal/dunk by Noah. But his celebration was slightly annoying. OK, it was VERY annoying. That play showed how hugely talented Noah is. Now see if you can play like that ALL the time...hell, even 1/4 of the time.

Rose is gonna be great. But he had a couple late inexcusable, sloppy turnovers.

Game 7's gonna be fun. Advantage to Boston because of home court.

Guest Jules

I was at the game. Needless to say, it was awesome.

And you're wrong about Hinrich, jakob. Yes, he missed that easy layup and a couple of jumpers, but his defense continues to be underrated. He was great last night.

And the Bulls don't win that game without Salmons. Got to hand it to Paxon for that trade.

I was at the game. Needless to say, it was awesome.

And you're wrong about Hinrich, jakob. Yes, he missed that easy layup and a couple of jumpers, but his defense continues to be underrated. He was great last night.

And the Bulls don't win that game without Salmons. Got to hand it to Paxon for that trade.

I'm a Hinrich fan....I probably watched 95 percent of his games at Kansas. His motor has always been great. And Roy Williams got him to play outstanding defense, as well as his coach Dad I'm sure. And he's a very gritty and smart player.

But even at Kansas, I always felt he clutched up a little bit on his shots at critical times. Other times he looks as if he doesn't want to take the big shot. Last night he missed 2 WIDE open short jumpers late. The layup should have been made.

Contrast Hinrich to Pierce, also a Kansas player. Pierce also plays inconsistent offensively. But with him, he seems to thrive on pressure shots.

Hinrich IS a great defender, but sometimes he seems to be a half-step short of making a really great defensive play. Pierce scores on him at will. Allen hit a monster 3 late that Hinrich was late sliding over on.

He's a great bench player. All teams would love to have him on their roster. But I think Bulls fans would rather see Gordon and Rose on the court in a close game.

Great effort, Bulls! The future looks moderately promising. :cheers

Yeah, they gave Boston all they could handle. Like most people I had underestimated the bulls.

Nuggets today!

Dude, I root for Yao Ming. If the Rockets can play as well as they did, they have a shot to win this in 7 games. If the Lakers have permanently lost this "killer instinct" thing then perhaps 6. I think a lot of it hinges on G2 right here.

And if Kobe is sick, that makes it worse for the Lakers. He's no Michael Jordan. He can't pull off a "flu game" like Jordan could.

Dude, I root for Yao Ming. If the Rockets can play as well as they did, they have a shot to win this in 7 games. If the Lakers have permanently lost this "killer instinct" thing then perhaps 6. I think a lot of it hinges on G2 right here.

And if Kobe is sick, that makes it worse for the Lakers. He's no Michael Jordan. He can't pull off a "flu game" like Jordan could.

I'm NOT a Lakers fan. AT ALL. But Kobe and/or Phil Jackson will see to it that the Rockets DO NOT win the series.

I'm NOT a Lakers fan. AT ALL. But Kobe and/or Phil Jackson will see to it that the Rockets DO NOT win the series.

I would have thought the same thing but winning game 1 in LA is impressive. At least Houston may soften them up for the Nuggets a bit, it won't be a cakewalk like Utah was.

I would have thought the same thing but winning game 1 in LA is impressive. At least Houston may soften them up for the Nuggets a bit, it won't be a cakewalk like Utah was.

I figure that it was rust from having a long delay between games. Well, that and the whole "we're so awesome, we don't even have to try" mentality that I think half the team believes. They looked shitty against Utah and they looked shitty last night. I'm not sure if they will ever pull their heads out of their asses. They have probably twice the talent of any team in the west. There's no reason for them to have lost even a game on the way to Cleveland. It's disheartening.

So I met Isiah Thomas today, had a meeting with him and the sports staff at the newspaper here. He is a nice guy. Very soft spoken. He made fun of me because everyone else with me had a tie and I didn't. We had about an hour and a half long meeting where we talked business for about half an hour and then talked about his experiences dealing with the media in the pros, what he thinks of the league right now (thinks Paul, Williams, Rose, and Billups are all way better than him and he can't believe how talented the league is now; I think he's selling himself short), and a bunch of other random stuff about FIU and other things.

I was pretty happy with how the meeting went, and i think we (me and my coworkers) came off very well. And now an NBA Hall of Famer knows my name. Fun.

He likes to say "shit".