Well, D'Antoni has a proven track record of being able to build a successful franchise that can run efficiently. The Suns during his time at the helm may never have won it all, but they were a well run organization that was able to consistently plug in pieces and then trade them for over market value because the system they ran made them look better than they were. I would take more than 4 months before I started judging him, especially since he's essentially dealing with the worst put together roster in the league.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

D'Antoni has had good results, I just hate his all-O, no-D style. It is unmanly, and un-New York-y.

So players have always done the same shit as Kobe, but you hate Kobe for it and find it charming when Jordan or Bird did it?

Have you been reading the MLB thread or something?

Please. Let the guy hate on whomever he wants without having to justify it to you.

Well, D'Antoni has a proven track record of being able to build a successful franchise that can run efficiently. The Suns during his time at the helm may never have won it all, but they were a well run organization that was able to consistently plug in pieces and then trade them for over market value because the system they ran made them look better than they were. I would take more than 4 months before I started judging him, especially since he's essentially dealing with the worst put together roster in the league.

You crack me up, man.

EDIT: I don't even disagree with you about D'Antoni, but I dont see what this has to do with Zeke (your intial point).

Whatever, Matt. I brought up Zeke because it shows just how much that team has improved, and I was asking whether he'd rather have still had Thomas.

D'Antoni has had good results, I just hate his all-O, no-D style. It is unmanly, and un-New York-y.

This makes sense to me. I thought you were getting pissed about the team's bad results, which would not really be in his control or his fault. It seems short sighted to complain about the results of a coach who isn't doing all that terribly in his first 4 months, especially because it cannot be argued that he hasn't turned that team around and gotten a lot out of a really terrible roster, but it makes more sense that you are just against the style he runs.

it makes more sense that you are just against the style he runs.

Sorry twobobs. I thought this was obvious and you were just picking a fight about the Zeke thing. My mistake.

As for D'Antoni's style, the Knicks gave up 144 points last night to an 18-win team. So us NYers aren't very happy with this "style" today. Give it until tomorrow and we'll love it, probably.

I just think he's doing a really good job with a bunch of crap, and that the team doesn't play defense is partially his fault, and partially Zeke's fault for putting together a bunch of players who just absolutely could not play together.

Also, Golden State is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league, and the roster really doesn't have anyone that plays defense anyways. I understand being upset, but he's proven to be a very good talent evaluator, and the style he runs can really set a team up for long term success as long as they don't buckle under pressure from dumb fans and sportswriters and make a move that ruins their style (Shaq).

If the Knicks were winning some more, I would still dislike D'Antoni's style, but not as much. As we know, this is all Dolan's fault. HE is the one I truly hate. D'Antoni is just doing what D'Antoni do.

I wouldn't cry any tears if it were true. I loved Pax as a player, but as an executive his teams have been chronic underachievers. He's lined up some terrific talent from time to time, but there have also been some real stinker trades/signings. Ben Wallace comes to mind. (To be fair, I was enthusiastic about that one at the time.)

And really, Doug Collins, again? There has to be some newer blood out there who can put the team on a winning track. I'd prefer they didn't hire a retread -- even their own -- though I also don't want them to repeat the Del Negro mistake.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3905146

Jermaine O'Neal to the Heat, Marion to the Raptors.

There have been rumors floating around that Amare to the Bulls is done and that Phoenix is waiting till after the All-Star break (he's a starter for the West, I believe, and it's in Phoenix).

It really pisses me off that the Grizzlies didn't snag Amare when Phoenix came calling. They didn't want to break up the core. What core? You've won 15 games.

I love Chris Wallace, but Michael Heisley keeps his hands tied. Cheap bastard.

I like that trade, because it still sets us up for boozer, amare, bosh etc in 2010.

Boozer would be a nice fit for the nuggets. Kenyon, Nene, and Boozer, now that is a triple rebounding threat.

There's a rumor that Jason Richardson and Larry Hughes may be included in the Amare to the Bulls deal. Hughes' contract ends one year earlier, which would free up money for a 2010 free agent run for the Suns.

So the rumored deal would be something like Tyrus Thomas, Thabo, Drew Gooden, and Larry Hughes for Amare and Jason Richardson.

I don't buy it, contracts be damned, just because the talent is such a mismatch.

Dear MrRain (and anyone else interested),

There is a fantastic article by Michael Lewis from last Friday's New York Times about Shane Battier. Along the lines of the Moneyball/Blind Side "rethinking conventional knowledge" thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/magazine...t=cse&scp=1

That's the link. I'm dumb.

Celtics president Danny Ainge confirmed that guard Sam Cassell has been dealt to the Sacramento Kings for a protected second-round pick.

The move allows the Celtics to have one available spot now on their 15-man roster, which could be helpful in a trade or in signing a free agent. The trade deadline is Thursday.

According to a source, the Kings are expected to waive Cassell and a team needing a veteran point guard may claim him off waivers.

Cassell, 39, has yet to play this season. He averaged 7.6 points and 2.1 assists for Boston last season after signing as a free agent March 4 following his buyout from the Clippers.

Celtics president Danny Ainge confirmed that guard Sam Cassell has been dealt to the Sacramento Kings for a protected second-round pick.

The move allows the Celtics to have one available spot now on their 15-man roster, which could be helpful in a trade or in signing a free agent. The trade deadline is Thursday.

According to a source, the Kings are expected to waive Cassell and a team needing a veteran point guard may claim him off waivers.

Cassell, 39, has yet to play this season. He averaged 7.6 points and 2.1 assists for Boston last season after signing as a free agent March 4 following his buyout from the Clippers.

Probably ok for Boston since Rondo learn how to shoot in the offseason. I used to yell at Rondo through the TV, now he is a pretty damn good guard.