• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

I think the Bulls blew their chance to win the series last night.

Rose and Gordon played successive career games, while the Celtics kinda sputtered around. I'm not sure Chicago can count on one of their guards to score 40 points every night.

Allen may have woken up after a dreadful game 1, and Pierce is due for a super game, after 2 just OK games.

I'd love to see someone battle the Lakers close, but I don't know who. San Antonio may have the best chance because of their defense and their playoff experience....and it's an odd year. That's a good thing if you look at the Spurs' recent history.

I think that the Bulls will pull it off.

If they don't, D Rose stuffing Pierce and then saving the ball from going out of bounds, between his legs, will have to suffice as their highlight for 2008/09 season. Unreal.

You might be right. But the Bulls had all the look of a team with nothing to lose and are playing extremely loose. Now that they've played Boston very tight IN Boston, Chicago might be favored to win in Chicago. Suddenly their might be a little pressure on Rose and Gordon.

If Boston keeps losing players (Leon Powe strained his knee and is questionable), the Bulls WILL pull it off.

But I think Boston squeaks this series out.

You might be right. But the Bulls had all the look of a team with nothing to lose and are playing extremely loose. Now that they've played Boston very tight IN Boston, Chicago might be favored to win in Chicago. Suddenly their might be a little pressure on Rose and Gordon.

If Boston keeps losing players (Leon Powe strained his knee and is questionable), the Bulls WILL pull it off.

But I think Boston squeaks this series out.

True Garnett's on the bench, but as a veteran team in the playoffs, the Celtics should have come back Monday night and slapped the taste out of the Bulls' mouth. Instead it took a last-second shot to squeak it out. It's early in the series, but I think things go worse for the Celtics before they get better. The Bulls are home with nothing to lose -- they're not even supposed to be there afterall. Unless there's a silly implosion, I think they will take it in 7.

I know his playing career has been on the decline for quite awhile, but seeing Mutumbo going out like that and likely ending his career was very sad. Off the court, he should be the model for all young, NBAers. He has given so, so much in both monetary and humanitarian ways to his native village in Congo. If the Hall of Fame inducted based solely on class, he'd be the first guy in. Give that wagging finger some rest big man. You've obviously got bigger things ahead in life beyond basketball.

True Garnett's on the bench, but as a veteran team in the playoffs, the Celtics should have come back Monday night and slapped the taste out of the Bulls' mouth. Instead it took a last-second shot to squeak it out. It's early in the series, but I think things go worse for the Celtics before they get better. The Bulls are home with nothing to lose -- they're not even supposed to be there afterall. Unless there's a silly implosion, I think they will take it in 7.

Uh...kind of big deal to not have Garnett, don't ya think? Maybe the Celts should have won bigger in game 2, but Gordon was ridiculously hot.

I'll predict a Boston win tonight and a big game from Paul Pierce. If the Celtics don't win one of the next 2, Boston's toast. Without Garnett and Powe, I don't think Boston would win in round 2 anyway.

I know his playing career has been on the decline for quite awhile, but seeing Mutumbo going out like that and likely ending his career was very sad. Off the court, he should be the model for all young, NBAers. He has given so, so much in both monetary and humanitarian ways to his native village in Congo. If the Hall of Fame inducted based solely on class, he'd be the first guy in. Give that wagging finger some rest big man. You've obviously got bigger things ahead in life beyond basketball.

Agreed, he is a class act all the way. And was a rebounding machine in his prime.

I've been hoping for Lebron vs. Wade in Round 2. Though, that's doubtful based on last night's ugly Heat loss at home. C'mon Miami!

The Celtics are very vulnerable, but I say their pride gets them a comfortable win tonight. Game 6 in Chicago will probably be another thriller.

And the Denver / New Orleans score.....I saw it online, just the numbers, and assumed it was a typo. It's unbelievable.

It actually tied the record for the worst NBA beatdown of al time. I always figured the Nuggets would be on the other end of that.

The Lakers got nothing to worry about, the Cavs will probably be the only real test at this point.

I'd like to see the Bulls pull of the win in the series, but my gut says the C's got too much on the table to simply fold. Of course, the Bulls have less pressure since I'm not sure anyone expected the Bulls to even contend this well.

Lakers have an easy path to the finals, since it looks like the only team that can ever give them fits, the Blazers, are on the brink of elimination (and the Bobcats, but well, they're not in the playoffs or in the same conference for that matter...). If they drop more than two games from here on out, then you can start questioning their "killer instinct" or whatever stupid hullabaloo the press keeps going on about.

Guest Jules
That foul on Rondo should have been a flagrant. :no

Definitely. That was a pretty poorly officiated game all around. Poorly coached on both sides as well. Vinny doesn't know what he's doing, and Doc didn't look much better.

Also, Pierce aside (although he's not my favorite either), I don't know how anyone can root for this Boston team. What a bunch of shit talking, whining thugs. Garnett included. What is he jawing at the Bulls bench for?