Damn the NBA for their ridiculous postseason scheduling.

Anyone in favor of having the Lakers/Nuggets and Cavaliers/Magic play a 3-day long best-of-three?

The next 2 weeks are just pure masturbation. Must we wait ANOTHER 2 weeks for the inevitable?!

Gimme Kobe vs. Lebron......NOW please!

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

Guest Jules
The end of the game reminded me of the what seems like 50 times the Bulls would somehow beat a seemingly better Utah team in the Finals.

The Bulls won both in 6 games.

The Bulls won both in 6 games.

Yeah, and I was rooting like hell for the Bulls. I felt Utah had everything it needed to win a Championship, but Malone lacked the killer instinct that Jordan had.

Similarily, the Nuggets might actually have all that's needed to go the Finals, but NO WAY it's gonna happen.

Guest Jules
Yeah, and I was rooting like hell for the Bulls. I felt Utah had everything it needed to win a Championship, but Malone lacked the killer instinct that Jordan had.

He also lacked the basketball talent that Jordan hand. And, I have no idea what "killer instinct" means.

He also lacked the basketball talent that Jordan hand. And, I have no idea what "killer instinct" means.

I don't know. Malone played a different position, but at his peak he was quite a force. I'm not saying Malone was as good as Jordan, but for a few years, he was very comparable in his overall ability to take over a game and lead his team to victory.

"killer instint" = knows how to win, WILL NOT let another player or team impose their will on them when the game's on the line, the opposite of Kirk Hinrich.

I NEVER felt like, with Jordan on the team, that Chicago would lose a playoff series. In fact, even in his rusty comeback season, I was shocked when Orlando beat the Bulls. I remember a play where the not-100%-ready Jordan got stripped late in a losing effort to the Magic.....a play as careless as the stolen pass to Billups last night.

Guest Jules
"killer instint" = knows how to win, WILL NOT let another player or team impose their will on them when the game's on the line,

It's a commonly used phrase, and I still don't get it. The whole thing is a myth, especially in professional sports.

How did Denver lose last night?

My answer:

Phil Jackson > George Karl

Nah, missed free throws and blowing a 7 point lead in the 4th did the Nuggets in. The Lakers should feel lucky they got the W, if every game after is played that way they are in for a battle.

Nah, missed free throws and blowing a 7 point lead in the 4th did the Nuggets in. The Lakers should feel lucky they got the W, if every game after is played that way they are in for a battle.

Definitely. It was actually a closer game than I thought it'd be (throughout the night). Lakers eked it out and only because Denver let their guard down a bit at the end.

But every game won't be like that. I can't imagine Kobe will be the only guy to show up offensively in the following games. And their defense was terrible, save a few huge plays. I admit I haven't watched Denver a lot this year, but they seemed to play their top game outside of choking in the final four minutes and the Lakers played rather poorly. I think Lakers in 5 or 6.

Denver's bigs were all over the place last night with the offensive rebounds, blocks, deflects, etc. The difference in the game was all about poor decision making down the stretch and Kobe's killer closing instincts. Lebron may be near or even better than kobe, but he's got a ways to go to develop that cutthroat end of game shit Kobe has going on. I mean when there was 2 minutes or whatever left and they were down by 5, I just knew he was going to will them to victory. They won't be able to win every game this way, but as was stated earlier, they'll surely get more production down the line in Game 2.

But every game won't be like that. I can't imagine Kobe will be the only guy to show up offensively in the following games. And their defense was terrible, save a few huge plays. I admit I haven't watched Denver a lot this year, but they seemed to play their top game outside of choking in the final four minutes and the Lakers played rather poorly. I think Lakers in 5 or 6.

Oh no doubt every game won't be the same, poor choice of words on my part. However that was far from Denver's best playing in the playoffs and I would expect at least that level of play from them or better. Typically Chris Anderson and the guards coming off the bench have better games, Denver usually gets 10-15 points per game out of their bit part players every game. It will be interesting to see what happens Thu.

Guest Jules
Oh, OK. Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that.

:lol Don't mention it. I put "killer instinct" up there with "fire" and "passion". All b.s. IMO.

I turned from the Cubs / Cardinals at some point and Orlando was down like 20. What the hell?

It's the conf finals and they are exposed IMO. They could likely still win this series but their faults are showing. Fact is the east is weak and they coasted through teams that weren't all that great. IMO the real "finals" are LA and Denver, the team that wins that will stomp the east.