• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

Fact is the east is weak and they coasted through teams that weren't all that great. IMO the real "finals" are LA and Denver, the team that wins that will stomp the east.

I agree with this, though I'm not sure they'll "stomp" them. Probably 6 games.

Hmm, how different would the West finals be if Denver hadn't squandered game one.

Or if the Lakers hadn't squandered game two. It was the same game in reverse - big lead, collapse before the half, missed free throws in the 4th.

Or if the Lakers hadn't squandered game two. It was the same game in reverse - big lead, collapse before the half, missed free throws in the 4th.

Yeah, talk about role reversal. So far these games are so even they are turning on a few minor things. JR Smith and Birdman feed off the crowd energy so I expect them to step up at home. They have been largely invisible.

Kobe Bryant might whine about no calls more than any player ever. Every time he makes a terrible decision and gets stuck with the ball and nowhere to go, he whines. I'm a Lakers fan, but it's driving me crazy.

Two things have impressed me in this series: The Nuggets and Trevor Ariza.

Kobe Bryant might whine about no calls more than any player ever. Every time he makes a terrible decision and gets stuck with the ball and nowhere to go, he whines. I'm a Lakers fan, but it's driving me crazy.

It was freakin' awesome when Billups bounced the ball off of Kobe's back on the inbound and layed it in. Maybe someone should whine about how he was caught snoozing :).

Two things have impressed me in this series: The Nuggets and Trevor Ariza.

He's certainly not the only one but yeah, he is up there with the worst. Especially considering (in my extremely biased view) he gets the kind calls more often than not.

Ariza has been scaring me, where did that guy come from? I get nervous when he is in the game. He has been a bigger factor than Odom so far.

Billups has been doing that for years. I love it. :stunned

There was a story about Billups doing that in high school once. His grandmother always told him not to be disrespectful to other players or make them look bad. He made the same play back then and immediately looked out in the stands and mouthed to his grandmother that he was sorry.

There was a story about Billups doing that in high school once. His grandmother always told him not to be disrespectful to other players or make them look bad. He made the same play back then and immediately looked out in the stands and mouthed to his grandmother that he was sorry.

In defense of Billups now, someone needs to knock Kobe off of his high horse.

Woah, I was sure Magic had that wrapped up with 1 sec to go. Either way they are proving to be a tough team. I'm sure Cavs fans are stoked about the game saving shot but blowing two huge leads isn't a good sign for the Cavs. However the games have been amazing and completely unpredicatable. B-Ball hasn't been this exciting in a long, long time.

Fact of life: The Cavs don't match up well with the Magic. The Magic aren't necessarily the better team, though obviously with a 3-1 notching (which should theoretically be a 4-0 sweep discounting the LeBron) it looks that way.

Another year, right?

The entire universe thought it was going to be Lakers-Cavs. Huh.

The entire universe thought it was going to be Lakers-Cavs. Huh.

Yeah, all those Nike adds with Kobe and Lebron...serves em right. David Stern is probably pissed right now.

Oh man. A Denver-Orlando final. Would be some good basketball, though.

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.

Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it close, but Cleveland will pull it out. That will bring a Game 6 that most would say would have pressure on Cleveland. I see the opposite. Game 6 in Orlando will be HUGE pressure on Orlando, knowing they must win that game to avoid a Game 7 in Cleveland.

I'm not a Kobe fan, but I like Kobe's attitude about Dahntay Jones trip and overall borderline-thuggish defense. Kobe simply said, "he's playing good defense". Kobe's not gonna say something to make Jones play even harder. Kobe's gonna show Jones on the court why he's a top 5 player.

And watching and listening to Kenyon Martin makes it VERY hard to root for Denver. Martin just comes across to me as a total punk. I LOVE Billups and I like how hard Denver plays. But Kenyon's attitude and George Karl's sour puss are too much for me.

And Dwight Howard is a nice guy. Great personality and skill. But he's a bit annoying. His little smirk and smile every time he thinks gets a bad call....which is ALWAYS. And the way he slams the ball like he's trying to bring the whole goal post to the ground. Just put the freaking the ball in the basket. You're gonna dislocate a shoulder.

LA and Cleveland both win in home Game 7's.

• Like 1

LA and Cleveland both win in home Game 7's.

Yeah. I mean, what was the last team to win a Game 7 on the road?

I'd be a little more confident in the Cavs if their one win didn't also feature a blown 23-point lead at home.

It does kind of feel like tonights game could decide the ultimate champion. I think if Denver steals this one in LA they will probably win it all, I don't see LA winning the next 2, especially the one in Denver. If LA wins they have game 7 to look forward to at home (if it makes it there). The fact that Denver won the last one convincingly even though Melo and Chauncey did not have very good games gives me hope.

Phil Jackson calling Dauntey Jones out as dirty was laughable. He is no more dirty than Kobe has been over the years. If Kobe thought he could trip someone and get away with it he would.