Looks like Boston V Orlando may end up being the only competitive 2nd round series.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

Holy &*&%^((&^^%#^% I can't believe what happened in that Houston LA game today. The Lakers just don't appear to have that killer mentality that I expected out of them. I think they'll win this series, but the Finals don't look as sure as I thought they were a couple of weeks ago.

Right. I still don't think the Lakers will lose, but I think they think that too...could be trouble.

I can't believe Houston won without Yao playing. I really thought the Lakers were going to be tougher.

And your Nuggets are looking at a nice 5-day break if they can win one more.

I never know what to thinkg about that. It does give the old guys time to heal up but I'm always afraid they will lose the edge (although they did not play all that well in the last game).

I'm actually more excited that the Lakers don't appear to be the juggernaught I expected and will get abused by Houston for a few more games before meeting the Nuggets.

And your Nuggets are looking at a nice 5-day break

I never know what to thinkg about that. It does give the old guys time to heal up but I'm always afraid they will lose the edge

There's no way I am the only one that laughed at this.

(Right?)

I can't believe Houston won without Yao playing. I really thought the Lakers were going to be tougher.

It was A. the Lakers played their worst ball in a long time and B. the Rockets went real small and Brooks just tore them up. I think it's a strategy that perhaps the Rockets should implement even more regularly now that Yao is out. It's irrelevant if Gasol can put up 30 as long as Brooks and the other smalls feel hot and can begin to slow down the Kobe...which Battier has done well this series.

It was pointed out earlier that Kobe does not defend well vs. people he doesn't "respect." That is a good portion of why Battier was lights out from downtown. Also a good portion of why the Rockets won. Kobe (and the Lakers) need to stop treating the rest of the West as trash because they might get trashed themselves. They're still miles ahead of others in terms of talent, but in any case decent athletes with great teamwork will outplay a high talent, low teamwork team and win.

I realize I'm actually rooting for the Rockets now. Reason one being that when I was a kid I was somehow a Houston Rockets fan (so like the 90s), and reason two being Yao Ming, who is now out.

Hey bobbob, if you ever meet Zeke again, will you ask him about the time he suckerpunched Laimbeer in practice and broke his own hand? I don't have any real questions about it, I just want to know about the expression on his face when he has to talk about it.

There's no way I am the only one that laughed at this.

(Right?)

Was it the fact I called them old guys or something else? It was relatively speaking of course. I'm older than every one of them. ;)

Hey bobbob, if you ever meet Zeke again, will you ask him about the time he suckerpunched Laimbeer in practice and broke his own hand? I don't have any real questions about it, I just want to know about the expression on his face when he has to talk about it.

We're gonna try to have him on the radio sometime in the new future. I won't be on, but I'll see if anyone wants to be brave enough to ask. I'll let you know.

I'm laughing now. Testicles.

Now I really feel like a jackass, I have no idea what was funny. Keep in mind this is new territory for a Nuggets fan. They are deep into the playoffs and doing well. I really don't know what to say or how to act at this point. :D

On another note, Mark Cuban said something to Kenyon Martin's mother on the way out of the arena after the last game? Is he that stupid?

Now I really feel like a jackass, I have no idea what was funny. Keep in mind this is new territory for a Nuggets fan. They are deep into the playoffs and doing well. I really don't know what to say or how to act at this point. :D

On another note, Mark Cuban said something to Kenyon Martin's mother on the way out of the arena after the last game? Is he that stupid?

Didn't he tell her that her son was a thug? He's a total fucking joke and I hope KMart busts him up.

I saw a Nuggets trainer at Potbelly yesterday in his warm-ups. I said "You Better Be Getting That Sandwich To Go Old Man!" but I don't think he heard me. Sure, the Nuggets will probably win, but if it weren't for that horrible non-call Saturday the series would be 2-2.

Yeah.

Them and Cavs is going to be fun to watch if the Lakers show up. They are, imo, a head above eveyrone else.

That figures, the Lakers are going to start playing hard now. I still think the Nuggets will give them a good fight.

I think the Lakers will roll tonight. I think they've learned their lesson about taking a game off. I'm hoping Boston goes ahead and wins as well. That would provide for two very gripping Conference Finals. I'm glad that 'Melo finally got somewhere in the postseason. I know he isn't quite up there with Lebron, DWade, and Chris Paul, but he's still a damn fine baller who will be among the elite for the next decade or so.