LA vs. Denver might be a fairly competitive series. Billups won't be intimidated by anybody on the Lakers. If I was a Nuggets fan, I'd worry a little the Nuggets' emotions. It must be because of the coaches. Phil Jackson is so calm and cool, and it obviously rubs off on his team...or he makes sure that it does. The Nuggets seem a little overly emotional and/or aggressive at times, probably a reflection of George Karl.

All signs for me point to the Lakers beating the Nuggets in about 6.

Boston will probably lose tonight. Though Howard and the Magic seem to tighten up pretty easily. Wouldn't shock me at all if tonight's game is down to the wire. Whether a Celtic fan or not, it's gotta be hard for ANYBODY to not appreciate thier heart. Pierce said after Game 5 that the team won't give up because it has the heart of a champion.

IF Boston plays Cleveland, Lebron will lead the Cavs to a series victory. But I could see Boston winning a couple games....something not easily done against this great Cavs team.

So what if we get the Lakers/Cavs Final...who's gonna win? I'm starting to think Lebron has the eye of the tiger and nothing's gonna stop him from getting a Championship. The Lakers' inside game will be very challenging for Cleveland, but Lebron seems to elevate his teammates, so I don't expect the Lakers to dominate in ANY area.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

lebron is averaging like a point a minute in the postseason.

And he's draining 3's better than in the season. The dude, with his size and athleticism, is like Magic back in the day. But (dare I say it) Lebron is or soon will be better. He does about everything Magic did, but is so much stronger and can take it to the bucket seemingly at will.

Yeah, i've always said magic comparisons made more sense than jordan ones for him. He sees the court better than anyone.

AND he made the all-defensive team. I really hope Lebron stays healthy for the next 10 years. I live in a non-NBA city, and I'll watch the NBA if Lebron's on.

My only hesitation thinking he could be better than Jordan is Jordan's will to win was so strong. Only time will tell if James' will is the same.

Lebron's a guy people want to play with, and not just because he's good. I don't think Jordan was ever a 'good teammate' except that he was the best player ever. Not only is lebron an amazing player, but he's got a great personality, and no matter where he goes, people will want to play with him.

Kind of like shaq the first two seasons with any given team.

He made fun of me because everyone else with me had a tie and I didn't.

That's just his way of sexually harassing you.

Guest Jules
Lebron's a guy people want to play with, and not just because he's good. I don't think Jordan was ever a 'good teammate' except that he was the best player ever. Not only is lebron an amazing player, but he's got a great personality, and no matter where he goes, people will want to play with him.

Just because Jordan was a womanizing asshole, doesn't mean he was a bad teammate. He made a lot of dudes a lot of money (and championships) they wouldn't otherwise have made. Still, he was an alltime prick.

LeBron is already better than Magic. I'm starting to think he can be the best ever at some point.

Conference Finals

A. Cavs in 5-6 regardless of who they play. More towards 5 if it's the Cs, and 6 if it's the Magic.

B. Lakers over Nuggets in 6, though I would like to see Nuggets over Lakers in 7, which is plausible if the Lakers randomly shut down as they have been doing.

NBA Finals

A. Cavs in 5-6 regardless. 5 over the Nuggets, 6 over the Lakers. I can see a G7 against the Lakers, but once again, will the Lakers randomly shut down? I don't think the Nuggets have enough firepower to contest down the stretch.

Of course, I'm a Cleveland fan, so yeah, blast me for my rosy outlook. LeBron has that "beast" switch and he can keep it on for a long time.

Conference Finals

A. Cavs in 5-6 regardless of who they play. More towards 5 if it's the Cs, and 6 if it's the Magic.

B. Lakers over Nuggets in 6, though I would like to see Nuggets over Lakers in 7, which is plausible if the Lakers randomly shut down as they have been doing.

NBA Finals

A. Cavs in 5-6 regardless. 5 over the Nuggets, 6 over the Lakers. I can see a G7 against the Lakers, but once again, will the Lakers randomly shut down? I don't think the Nuggets have enough firepower to contest down the stretch.

Of course, I'm a Cleveland fan, so yeah, blast me for my rosy outlook. LeBron has that "beast" switch and he can keep it on for a long time.

I agree with that...though, to me: Celtics' Heart > Magic's skill.

Will Lebron stay in Cleveland? I hope so. No offense to the Knicks, but they don't deserve to get Lebron just because they have the big bucks.

Here's where I differ with most of you. If you look at Kobe and Lebron pretty much canceling each other out, who then has the better team? Despite a couple of rocky games in the Houston series, I believe that answer to be decidedly in favor of the Lakers. They have more players that can create shots on their own, whereas the Cavs feed heavily off of Lebron, they have more big-game experienced players and Phil Jackson is just way more in control of his emotions and his team than any other coach around. Plus the Cavs have gotten no tests from the ultra-weak East (s0 far Boston fans), whereas the Lakers will have gone through Utah, Houston and a very difficult Denver team. I'm calling Lakers in a tight, back and forth 7 game series.

If you look at Kobe and Lebron pretty much canceling each other out, who then has the better team? Despite a couple of rocky games in the Houston series, I believe that answer to be decidedly in favor of the Lakers. They have more players that can create shots on their own, whereas the Cavs feed heavily off of Lebron....

I'm calling Lakers in a tight, back and forth 7 game series.

I agree that Lakers are better if Lebron and Kobe aren't counted. BUT....I've been amazed at how the Cavs seem to respond to Lebron's positive leadership.

Phil Jackson, to me, is the biggest worry for Cavs fans. Jackson's been through it all so many times and will NEVER panic and will always have a strategical answer during the series. And the Lakers winning in 7 is very possible.

I don't know. I just have a feeling about Lebron. Something special with that guy. Normally I'd NEVER pick a team just because of one player, but it just seems different with Lebron.

Will Lebron stay in Cleveland? I hope so. No offense to the Knicks, but they don't deserve to get Lebron just because they have the big bucks.

LeBron will likely stay in Cleveland. He's too tied into the fabric of this region. And the allure of establishing a legacy associated with only one place for his whole career is probably too enticing. And to be honest, the Cavs will probably bend over backwards to retain the guy, so it's not like the Cavs will be outbid easily.

Here's where I differ with most of you. If you look at Kobe and Lebron pretty much canceling each other out, who then has the better team? Despite a couple of rocky games in the Houston series, I believe that answer to be decidedly in favor of the Lakers. They have more players that can create shots on their own, whereas the Cavs feed heavily off of Lebron, they have more big-game experienced players and Phil Jackson is just way more in control of his emotions and his team than any other coach around. Plus the Cavs have gotten no tests from the ultra-weak East (s0 far Boston fans), whereas the Lakers will have gone through Utah, Houston and a very difficult Denver team. I'm calling Lakers in a tight, back and forth 7 game series.

...except no one can cancel out or even slow down LeBron in the way that a good defender can slow down Kobe. See Battier's pretty good defensive work this series, and imagine that with a team with a whole lot better defense. Also note that the East actually won the head-to-head conference matchups this season, so the East isn't as weak as its perceived.

Also note that the East actually won the head-to-head conference matchups this season, so the East isn't as weak as its perceived.

Who won when the Lakers played Cleveland? That would make that little stat of yours irrelevant, no?

Jesus Christ.

:lol

I'm not laughing at you or anything, believe me, I know how you feel. I'm not counting out the possibility of feeling that way again during this series.

I don't know why I continue to put faith in the Lakers when they continue to play like this against a team missing its top two players, but somehow, someway I feel like Kobe will not let them lose. Let us not forget that Boston had to win two game 7's last year en route to the Championship, the Spurs won several in their championship years as well. So, I'm still calling Lakers and Cavs, with the Lakers winning this game 7 by around 10, pulling away in the 4th.

Damn the NBA for their ridiculous postseason scheduling. There should be at least one game 7 on today. I guess a double-header of game 7's isn't a bad thing, but still, three days off is too much.