:lol To you? OK, but Jordan and Bird were every bit the cocky, arrogant, etc players as Kobe. Maybe moreso.

Yeah, Jordan and Bird WERE very confident, which at times might seem arrogant or cocky.

It's all splitting hairs.

I don't know. There's something different about Kobe. I've seen him whine a bit on the court, which other stars have done probably, but maybe they did it in a more professional way. Karl Malone used to complain a bit, but it never seemed whiny. Same with Barkley or Magic or McHale. Kobe whines like Penny Hardaway or Tim Duncan. It just rubs me the wrong way.

I used to love it when Jordan would get a bad call or someone would stuff him or steal the ball from him. You could see how much it pissed him off, but he channeled it into actions. Same with Bird. Kobe sometimes seems a little childish.

Sorry man. Just don't like the dude.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

I appreciate your efforts, but I still think he's a prima-donna, limelight-lovin', whiny ball-hog.

Are you the guy that reviewed all the Oscar-contending movies without seeing any of them?

Just curious.

Michael Jordan punched Steve Kerr in the face for taking back during practice, allegedly.

And I think you are just looking for reasons to hate Kobe.

Was it Kwame Brown who Jordan made cry daily during the comeback with the Wizards? Speaking of crying, did anybody see that tongue lashing that Garnett gave Big Baby Davis awhile back. Davis was crying uncontrollable on the bench during a game. KG must've said something I can't even imagine to make another player sob during the middle of a game.

Are you the guy that reviewed all the Oscar-contending movies without seeing any of them?

Just curious.

You're amazing. Is your mind a trap made of steel?

You provide me a good segue to discuss Bryant's very poor acting skills on the court. Throwing his arms in the air and making a whiny-bitch face every time he gets called for a foul DOES NOT make the referees change their mind.

So players have always done the same shit as Kobe, but you hate Kobe for it and find it charming when Jordan or Bird did it?

Have you been reading the MLB thread or something?

I don't remember Bird and Jordan flailing their arms in the air near as many times as Kobe does.

And they're facial expressions when upset, weren't half as pathetic and unprofessional as Kobe's.

Why are you all so defensive of Kobe? It's OK for people like me to not like him. Villains are good for sports.

That sick arc shot Kobe made against LeBron was SICK. Hard to hate on that.

As a Knicks fan, I would like to say the following: Fuck a Mike D'Antoni. New York teams are supposed to play some fucking defense. You might end up with a win against a New York team, but at the very least, it should come at the price of some bumps and bruises.

I used to hate Bird, mainly because he was so ugly. His Celtics teams are some of the ugliest of all time. Dennis Johnson? McHale?

There are some cocky athletes I love (McEnroe, Wallinheimo - anyone remember him? Denver Pioneers goalie of the early 90s - what a fantastic flake), some I hate (Shaq, Jeremy Roenick) and others there's a love/hate thing going on (Patrick Roy, Favre)...

I don't know what the common factor is that turns my opinion one way or the other.

Isiah Thomas > D'Antoni?

I would not go that far, but I would love to see Charles Oakley coach the Knicks. He would not put up with this lack of physicality.

Bjorn complained about D'Antoni. I figured there'd be some kind of honeymoon period solely because he isn't Isiah.

Honeymoon is over. It ended when it became clear to fans that the team was flushing both this season and next down the turlet in hopes of clearing enough cap space to get LBJ. It had better work.

Bjorn complained about D'Antoni. I figured there'd be some kind of honeymoon period solely because he isn't Isiah.

Ok, but what does complaining about D'Antoni have to do with Zeke? Not trying to put words in Bjorn's mouth, but maybe he thinks that D'Antoni isn't a good coach? I think that is possible regardless of what he thinks of Zeke. And I dont see why D'Antoni should get a free pass because he's better than Zeke.