• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

Well, let's see...just to recap:

1) Ron Artest--suspended for alleged domestic battery

2) Stephen Jackson--suspended for throwing the ball at (and cussing out) a ref

3) Jamaal Tinsley---suspended for being constantly late to practice,i.e., 'conduct detrimental to the team'

#1 & #2 are no longer w/ the Pacers...can #3 be far off ? :pray

Did you catch the Suns/Mavericks last night? A great game. Not sure which one I want to win championship but either one would make me happy!

I plan on both of them beating each other up, then Chris Webber does not call a timeout in the finals and the Pistons are victorious!!!!...

I plan on both of them beating each other up, then Chris Webber does not call a timeout in the finals and the Pistons are victorious!!!!...

If Shaq plays like he did a couple of weeks ago against the Pistons, there's no way the Pistons make it past the Heat.

Either way, I don't think anyone beats the Suns, not even the Mavs.

If Shaq plays like he did a couple of weeks ago against the Pistons, there's no way the Pistons make it past the Heat.

If the Pistons are playing like they are now, then the Pistons beat the Heat easily. Sorry. Shaq is awesome, but not awesome enough to beat the Pistons when they're rolling.

Now, I dont' know that the Pistons will be playing as well come playoff time as they are right now, but I think their recent play shows that they're the best team in the East, even when Shaq is hot.

If the Pistons are playing like they are now, then the Pistons beat the Heat easily. Sorry. Shaq is awesome, but not awesome enough to beat the Pistons when they're rolling.

Now, I dont' know that the Pistons will be playing as well come playoff time as they are right now, but I think their recent play shows that they're the best team in the East, even when Shaq is hot.

The Heat have won 9 in a row.

:thumbup

I'm actually starting to not feel dread when I think about this team.

And then I think about last year, and I skip from "not dread" to "giddy joy".

Yeah, the Heat are good. My point was just that, well, you make it sound as if the East belongs to the Heat and so long as they play their game there's nothing any other team can do about it. And that's just wrong. Even if the Heat are playing their game, they can lose the East easily.

Yeah, the Heat are good. My point was just that, well, you make it sound as if the East belongs to the Heat and so long as they play their game there's nothing any other team can do about it. And that's just wrong. Even if the Heat are playing their game, they can lose the East easily.

Oh, I know. But, you know me, I always have to make my team sound better than they really are.

But if Shaq and Eddie Jones keep playing like they are when Wade comes back (if Wade comes back, I guess) they'll be tough to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

just found this thread...

i have to disagree with you earl re: the suns. i don't think they make it past the spurs. when it comes to playoff basketball, d'antoni's 7-man high-flying circus won't stand up. i think they'll put up a decent fight, but that kind of play won't beat the spurs. it *probably* wouldn't beat the mavs either, but the mavs can easily be sucked into playing their old run/gun style, giving the suns a fighting chance with dallas.

as far as spurs/mavs, flip a coin. it would be a great series.

det and miami will be great in the east. i think that'll be a coin flip as well, as long as shaq is going strong.

god, i can't wait for the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
1 more go to for home court throughout the Eastern playoffs. Awesome.

I hate to say this, but I almost hope teh Pacers don't get in...I don't look forward to playing the Pistons.

Guest Jules
The Bulls look damn good so far. Look out.

Well, they've been up and down since my post in October, but it looks like the Bulls will have the #2 seed in the East. Not that anyone thinks they'll do anything with it. Except for me of course. I like what I see. We'll at least win a series, and don't be surprised if you see the Bulls win the East.

Jules

I got my wish. No playoffs for teh Pacers. This was the longest year I can ever remember. Hell, even when they were winning 20 games a year back in the early '80's, it was still fun ( coming from a life-long Cubs fan, you know what I mean :lol ). Maybe I've been spoiled by pseudo-success for the last 15 years, but this current group makes me wanna puke. It's been a long time, but Indiana is now gonna have to start all the way back at square one. See y'all in 5-6 years.

I WILL enjoy the playoffs, though. It'll be nice to see some exciting ball for a change.