Yeah, C-Webb was a good addition. Mohamed was terrible. Championship talk is premature, but I think that they're again the favorite in the east. Doesn't matter though -- whoever comes out of the east will likely get slaughtered by one of the better teams in the west. I'm keeping the faith though.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm STILL going with a Cleveland/LA matchup in the Finals.   Orlando's 3-point shooting is insanely good. They will NOT keep up the torid pace. Orlando is gonna give it all in Game 5, and will keep it

Posted Images

-- whoever comes out of the east will likely get slaughtered by one of the better teams in the west.

Let them keep saying that. Remember last time they said that vs the lakers?

Yeah, but I don't think the Pistons are as good this year as they were in 2004. And San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix are all better than the Lakers were that year. L.A. was incredibly overrated at the time, and no one really knew how to play the Pistons just yet. Now the Pistons style is a little more the norm. I certainly think they have a chance to go all the way this year, but I'm not counting on it.

• 3 weeks later...
g_johnson_195.jpg

DJ RIP

I just saw this story. That sucks ... when I was first getting into the NBA (which I didn't do until college), I lived in a house full of Bostonians, and they all loved Dennis Johnson ... I became a fan of him myself (though by default my loyalties were with the Bulls).

We'll miss you, DJ.

article

Now there's a steal by Bird! Underneath to DJ! He lays it up and in!!

My dad was at that game...

WOW! Your dad seen one of the great ones.

If I've had enough booze & cigarettes scarring my throat I do a pretty good impersonation of Most's call on that (it annoys my family, anyway :lol )

:no Any one remember the Supersonics in 1979????? WOW!! what a team.....DJ was integral to that championship.....

-Robert.

I do remember that team...good times man. :thumbup

Here's a couple of interesting interviews (w/ video) with the men who are in charge of a franchise having problems...Conrad Brunner from pacers.com asks the questions that need to be asked:

Larry Bird interview: http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/bird_interview_070223.html

Donnie Walsh: http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/walsh_interview_070223.html

Approximately 15-20 minutes total.

The players like him because, unlike Larry Brown, Isiah lets them run wild.

Yeah, they're definately improved over last year, but that doesn't say much. They were so bad last year that simply a year of experience should have be enough to show some improvement.

I'm glad to see this though. Not that I thought Dumars would ever hire Isiah anyway, but I didn't like the way that Isiah was angling for it. Too close for comfort.

Guest Jules
dwayne%203.jpg

ugh...

Don't know how I missed this, but dislocating your shoulder does not hurt that bad. It's not comfortable by any means, but he could have easily walked into the locker room. He looks like an idiot here.

OK, I'm done.

Don't know how I missed this, but dislocating your shoulder does not hurt that bad. It's not comfortable by any means, but he could have easily walked into the locker room. He looks like an idiot here.

OK, I'm done.

Maybe that's why he pulled the towel over his head. If the trainers were going to force him to use a wheelchair for a shoulder separation, he didn't want to be seen doing so.

Just a (lame) theory.

Guest Jules
Maybe that's why he pulled the towel over his head. If the trainers were going to force him to use a wheelchair for a shoulder separation, he didn't want to be seen doing so.

Just a (lame) theory.

Ahh, maybe you're right.

Oh, and a dislocation is quite different from a separation. Common mistake.

Ahh, maybe you're right.

Oh, and a dislocation is quite different from a separation. Common mistake.

Of course, looking at the picture again, he hasn't covered his head with the towel, so I'm probably very wrong. :stunned