Who would you like to see open for Wilco?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this person. Rhett or Old 97's would be fantastic.

Old 97's opened for Wilco in November '99. Handsome Family opened for the 4 piece Wilco September 2001 (other times as well, I imagine) tour. Elf Power opened some of the later shows on that 2001 post 9/11, pre YHF release tour. All great shows by all 4 bands, even though Handsome Family received a mix reception from the Wilco faithful at the time. Old 97's|WILCO shows were F I R E.

Since it's Thanksgiving (a traditionally 'family' type of holiday) I say a short mini-set by the Blisters :rock

Gomez might be a bit too much,they like their Wilco but not sure if the sounds would clash or not.I'd love it for sure but probably not everyone else.I could be wrong!

Bert Jansch

I don't know if he tours or not though. I didn't even know if he was still alive until I found out he had a new album. I got my hands on it and it's really good. The music really sounds as good as anything he's done, IMO.

If you're not familiar with him, Jansch is a British folk guitar player who had some success in the sixties and into the seventies. Neil Young cites him as one of the primary influences on his guitar playing. (See the book: "Shakey")

Check out some tunes at his website: