what magazines, newspapers do you subscribe to?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cook's Illustrated, and I'm going to subscribe to Interweave Crochet as soon as it's available. We also get Time, although I don't know why, and it's due to run out this month, I think. My husband's uncle subscribed us to a couple of firearms magazines for Christmas a couple of years ago and didn't even tell us about it! About 6 months later his uncle asked which one he liked better... I had thrown most of them out without looking at them, because I knew my husband didn't want them anyway.

oh, right yes. We also get the Providence Journal. Also known as the "Urinal" but trust me when it isn't even worth peeing on .

There's a guy who does decent coverage of the Sox for the ProJo that slips my mind (not Martone). It's usually my third or fourth source for Sox info.

I get the Rocky Mountain News not because it's better than the Denver Post, but because it's easier to physically hold.

I've also enjoyed writing letters to the editor on behalf of douchebag sports writer and half-wit dim bulb, Bernie Lincicome the last 7-8 years. Several have made it to print, but I actually enjoy the email interaction with the pouty-faced pessimistic half-truth spouter best.

Does anyone subscribe to his/her local newspaper?

I just check the local paper online. Sometimes, I'll pick it up from a paper machine if I see something interesting on the front page because the online edition can be a little slow with the updating.

I'd kinda like to subscribe to a certain upstate NY paper that a certain VC friend of ours has a hand in running. :thumbup

I just check the local paper online. Sometimes, I'll pick it up from a paper machine if I see something interesting on the front page because the online edition can be a little slow with the updating.

Here, we have one shitrock right leaning paper that you have to pay to see even online. All together, we have upwards of 75 newspapers in the state - I know this as I have to deal with them everyday.

As an employee you had to subscribe? Yeesh.

Like I said, bad. Granted, it wasn't full-time work, but I was still a staff member with a weekly column.

someone gave me a year's subscription to b&w magazine for a wedding gift...

otherwise, i just read and leave mags at borders...

thinking of subscribing to no depression or national geographic....tough choice.

I'd kinda like to subscribe to a certain upstate NY paper that a certain VC friend of ours has a hand in running. :thumbup

Thanks, but I'm much more interesting online than I am in print, trust me.

Thanks, but I'm much more interesting online than I am in print, trust me.

sez you. :pirate I think my Utne just expired, and I'm subscription free. But I work at the library, so it ain't no thang.

I am going to do an editorial about James Brown this week, though.

I am going to do an editorial about James Brown this week, though.

Nice! Would it be out of bounds to suggest you print the article here ? Or send me a link ?

Nice! Would it be out of bounds to suggest you print the article here ? Or send me a link ?

No. I actually have to write it first, and I have a habit of letting myself out of editorial writing.

Newspapers:

Boston Globe

New York Times (Sunday only)

Arlington Advocate

Lincoln County (Maine) News

I also used to get the Boston Herald but I stopped a few months ago.

Magazines:

New Yorker

Magnet

My wife is a professional gardener so she gets all sorts of gardening/design magazines that I occasionally look at.

I subscribe to:

The New Yorker

New York Times (weekends only)

Atlantic Monthly

Acoustic Guitar

Harp

and I am about to begin a subscription to the New York Review of Books which according to a friend is indispensible. Apparently, some of the best political writing around. If you lean left, I suppose, which I do.