what magazines, newspapers do you subscribe to?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting. no consensus music magazine...

and I wonder who's buying the local papers these days

I get no music periodicals at all, but I do get the Columbus Dispatch out of habit

National Geographic is my prime magazine -- always good for a few bovine pics :D

The only subscriptions I have are to McSweeney's and The Believer, which my wife refers to as "those weird things you get in the mail but never have time to read". :hmm My subscription is about up and I'm not sure if I'll renew just because its a bit on the pricey side.

Other than that, I read everything online.

I subscribed to Rolling Stone for the 80s and the first half of the 90s. I couldn't bear some of the torrid swill that was being printed any longer and duely ended the madness.

I did SPIN in the early 90s for a few years but thought they jumped the shark rather quickly, too, and cancelled.

I forgot National Geographic as well. :thumbup

We also tired of RS a couple of years ago finally, and have been getting Paste instead as our "music, etc. reading fix". :)

Anyone else get/read Paste? What do you think of it out of curiousity?

I subscribed to Rolling Stone for the 80s and the first half of the 90s. I couldn't bear some of the torrid swill that was being printed any longer and duely ended the madness.

I did SPIN in the early 90s for a few years but thought they jumped the shark rather quickly, too, and cancelled.

I have a bunch of Spin magazines from 1985-1991 - I was just looking at one of them last night. It was the first issue published after Bob Guccione, Jr. broke away from his father.

None

I can no longer find a music magazine that I want to read. I was buying Harp, but the articles all have "sounds like Neil Young" within the text somewhere - and they are too short anyhow.

What about "Drifters and Ghosts Riders Monthly?" I think if you sign up this month they send you new free emoticons to your cell phone.

I don't have a fucking cell phone, man.

I'm willing to bet you and I are two of a very small number of folks on the board who do not own a cell phone. I usually pick a couple up when my wife gets knocked up, but I've forgone it this round.

Anyone else get/read Paste? What do you think of it out of curiousity?

I like Paste, I'm not a subscriber but I should be. I think I've picked up the past five or six issues consecutively. I like the samplers, the travel contributor who's name escapes me and the book reviews along with the feature articles.

I occasionally pick up MAGNET but find their album reviews a little lacking in substance.

I'm willing to bet you and I are two of a very small number of folks on the board who do not own a cell phone. I usually pick a couple up when my wife gets knocked up, but I've forgone it this round.

I grudgingly bought a prepaid phone with minimal minutes before we went on a vacation this past fall. I've used it fewer than five times. It's still on its initial battery charge.

So, technically I own one, but I might as well not.

So, technically I own one, but I might as well not.

I own one and use it all the time, but where I used to live my reception was so bad (tried a few different carriers) that in my daily routine the only places I could get a dependable reception were at work and at my house. Every day I had resist the urge to chuck the damn thing into the lake I drove past on my way to/from work.

In our Household we get:

Rolling Stone

Uncut

Guitar Player

Bass Player

Sports Illustrated

Sports Illustrated for Kids

Living

Country Living

Southern Living

People

Seventeen

Cosmo Girl

Inquest Gamer

and a couple more of those home decor type magazines...

I also read; Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Washington post, WSJ

In our Household we get:

Rolling Stone

Uncut

Guitar Player

Bass Player

Sports Illustrated

Sports Illustrated for Kids

Living

Country Living

Southern Living

People

Seventeen

Cosmo Girl

Inquest Gamer

and a couple more of those home decor type magazines...

I also read; Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Washington post, WSJ

I never figured you for a Cosmo Girl kind of guy! :lol

ha! Which ones are CoreyTrevor. Wait, better not answer that.

Best magazine I ever subscribed to: A Real Life -- no longer exists of course. Just barely a magazine, more like a newsletter and not likely to be of interest to many folks here -- it was for dirty hippies. Wish I had kept it, I'm tempted to get the back issues.

None right now. I let all my subscriptions run out, as I've moved twice in the past five years. Regularly, or semi-regularly I read:

Harp

Paste

Uncut

Mojo (sometimes)

Bitch

Bust

Magnet (but not so much anymore)

Wow, I'm a clich