Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Evan Sank

The majority of people on atease love it, but that's one of the only other music forums I frequent.

Also, the majority of people on www.soundopinions.com/forum are loving it as well, though they are the biggest bunch of music snobs around. Solace can attest to that ;)

Almost done my first listen.

I don't know. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good. Very decent album. But i'm just not getting the same great feel as Good News, where as soon as I started listening to it, I couldn't stop 'til the end.

Eh. Maybe it's true, the album has to grow on ya. We'll see soo enough!

i think it's out now, but i could be wrong. who eats ice cream in february?

your mother does.

I normally do not eat ice cream (I'll go years with out eating it). For some odd reason, I picked some up the other week and I am so addicted to the b&j ice cream now.

i'm still questioning if this album means anything lyrically... the music sounds great, but it also seems pretty hollow at the same time.

i looked up some of the lyrics on the modest mouse fan forum, they really aren't of the quality or nature of say moon and antartica or lonesome crowded west. isaac ramblings don't seem to make much sense.

i've always found Modest Mouse to be hit or miss (even their best records have songs i dislike a good deal), and even moreso live.

that said, of my 2 very onfocused listens, i did enjoy this new one so far, how much, i can't really say yet.