Icky Thump - New White Stripes album

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I amseeing the Stripes next Saturday. But the opening act for that date is Dan Sartain - not the Cold War Kids. For the earlier poster - I really like the CWK album and was hoping to see them live. Oh well. I have not heard of Sartain and Allmusic had very little information. Does anybody know anything about him/what he is like live?

Thanks!

First of all, I am extremely jealous. I just saw them live for the first time 2 weeks ago and it blew my mind! Sartain opened and it was well great. Really glad I didn't stay out in the lobby drinking. He reminded me of something you'd hear in a Tarantino film.

For Sports radio fans, I noticed that Jim Rome added the title track to his intro and outro to commercials rotation. The Stripes are sure to have a huge bump in sales next week.

This album kicks all kinds of ass.

Werd. I'm a huge fan of catch hell blues and I'm doing everything I can to not wear it out too fast.

Does anyone know if the dates that are on their website are the last dates, or are they maybe going to announce a few more? I'd like them to do more in the midwest for this album, as it's looking like I won't make it out to Austin to see them....

I hate to quote myself, but I am still so excited. The show was unreal.

:yes :cheers

How great was that?!? I'm glad you enjoyed it. I LOVED them opening with Stop Breaking Down, and I LOVED that version of 300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues. Ooh, not to mention the scorching Ball and Biscuit and Death Letter. :)

Where did you end up? I stood at the front, but off to the side, a little left of Meg...

It was awesome. Pretty neat how we got to see them play the last of the 50 states.

I had 2nd row, so I didn't move to much. I thought I saw you while the opener was playing, but I was to big of a chicken shit to approach.

IMG_0509.jpg

It's a Robert Johnson song.

True. Seemingly everyone has covered it, too. The Stones do a nice version (as does Lucinda Williams) and the WS do it justice with Jack's guitar work and vacuous howl of a voice.

My number finally came up at the library yesterday for Icky Thump and I've gotten through the first three tunes on the disc so far (car ride). I like it a bunch already. Meg's drumming/thudding is old, though.

This album has really grown on me.................it is everything the other albums before were all mixed up into one...........the blues of De Stijl................the rocking of Elephant...............the country sound of White Blood Cells..............the garage sound of The White Stripes and the strange insturment choices of Get Behind Me Satan...............it is their best album imo...............love Effect and Cause and Rag and Bone...........great stuff.......