dude, that is incredibly generous of you. if i can find a pair of VIP tix, a friend of mine will come along. if she decides to skip it i may hit you up.

honestly, i'm prepared to camp. i just don't know how much i can count on my getting myself back to the tent by myself every night. :lol

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comedy Additions!

We are proud to announce the following additions to the comedy tent lineup at 2007 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival:

Demetri Martin

Aziz Ansari

Finesse Mitchell

Lynne Koplitz

Dov Davidoff

Nick Kroll

John Bowman

I'm jealous... another great lineup this year. I will be at my 5 year old daughter's dance recital, otherwise I would be there. Everybody enjoy it!

Take some time to see some smaller acts in the tents if the crowds start to get to you. It's a good way to chill out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh.

Decemberists and Wilco overlap by half an hour. Guess I'll see an hour of Decemberists, then run over for Wilco (probably get a bad spot) then run back for the Stripes.

The Police followed by the Flips will be the highlight. I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay for the Police the whole time. Want to get a good spot for the Flips. Thats gonnabe a tough call.

Ugh.

Decemberists and Wilco overlap by half an hour. Guess I'll see an hour of Decemberists, then run over for Wilco (probably get a bad spot) then run back for the Stripes.

The Police followed by the Flips will be the highlight. I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay for the Police the whole time. Want to get a good spot for the Flips. Thats gonnabe a tough call.

very tough call.

last time i saw the flaming lips at bonnaroo, there were a significant number of hard core lips fans who had been there for an extremely long time.

very tough call.

last time i saw the flaming lips at bonnaroo, there were a significant number of hard core lips fans who had been there for an extremely long time.

I saw the Lips at Langerado and I didn't have to fight the crowd too much to get a good spot, but that was a festival with 20k as opposed to 60k. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.

All this scheduling is getting me really excited. I'm thinking Thursday will be a mostly comedy night, except for the National.

I wasn't immensly impressed by the schedual at first (I still got a ticket), but I've since checked out bands I didn't know but now really dig and with the addition of the Somethin' Else tent, I am now psyched out of my mind to be going! Besides the beginning of the day on Saturday and Sunday, there are bands I really want to see at all times, so there's no point where I'll really have to worry about bad music.

Also, I was a little bummed out about how stacked the end of Sunday is and how much I'll be missing. I'll probably do exactly what the other poster said (See the first half hour of Decemberists, see Wilco, and then run over to White Stripes... with a shitty spot all 3 sets), and I'll still be missing Ornette Coleman and Feist! Whatever though... the Medeski Martin and Philadelphia Experiment latenight sets will easily make up for it!

Is it possible to get through those late night shows without the aid of heavy drugs? Jeez, I may be getting old, but 3am?

I'll be there until the wee hours of the morning. Not going to bed until 5 am has it's benefits, I guess.

Is it possible to get through those late night shows without the aid of heavy drugs? Jeez, I may be getting old, but 3am?

yes. but that may depend on your definition of "heavy."

Is it possible to get through those late night shows without the aid of heavy drugs?

It might be, but why in the name of God would you want to?

j/k ;)

Just to give everyone a bit of advice from 2 years of experience.... Yes it's absolutely possible to get through the late shows, and the entire festival, without heavy(and by heavy, well, i mean any) drugs. Last year between going to sleep tuesday night before the festival and monday night after the festival i had a cumulative 10 hours of sleep. It's that good. Just enjoy everything. Relax when you have to, drink a TON of water. And be VERY careful about how much you drink(anything that isn't water) while the sun's up. My 15 year old brother was a soda addict when we arrived last year, and when i recommended he drink water he laughed. I laughed harder and said "in half an hour you're going to tell me you have a headache and i'm going to give you tylenol. but after that you're gonna drink water." He got a headache, and drank water... and also saw more tit than he'll ever see :). But seriously, it's awesome. Camp out if you can. It really lends to the whole community experience of 'roo, which is honestly more than any band will ever lend to the experience. Just as long as you're prepared you'll be fine. Remember first aid kits, be prepared for blisters, no blisters, rain, droughts, and everything in between! In '04 I took a shower in the torrential downpoor. One of my best showers EVER!! Do the silent disco, go see the random bands you know nothing about... go to the xm stage if it's there this year, walk under the mushroom fountain and rejoice in the glory of bonnaroo. Hope you all have a phenomenal time and think of me while you're there!

P.S. Print the schedule ahead of time and highlight the bands you want to see the most. You'll get a schedule, some cd's, and probably some bumper stickers, waiting to get in, but having just a schedule, without an essay about each band, definitely helps your travels.

P.P.S. ?uestlove, the drummer for The Roots, has this to say:

"Bonnnnnnnnneroooooooooers"

i aint snitchin just yet

but uh...make sure you come all three days....

cause im about to do about 4-5 hours of work over a 2-3 day period.

multi jammin shits on that level of what i did with pino and herbie hancock last year.--

and not to mention a "reunion" of another unit of mine.

should be sick.

had the whole weekend off so i told em "put me to work the entire 3 days and MAKE SURE i had a spot for The Police

You've no idea how badly I wish I was there to see ?uesto.

yes. but that may depend on your definition of "heavy."

Haha, well, I guess these days anything heavier than beer. :)

Even in the old days though, to spend a whole day in the sun, watching music all day, and then watching some jammy bands get all tripped out at the end of the day going until 3, 4, 5am? For three straight days? I am getting tired just thinking about it.

I was at Big Cypress back on 12/31/1999, and that was hard enough, but it was really only one big night of madness. An absolutely amazing time.