WHOO! I got my tickets for bonnaroo the other day!! Me and my friends are going to make T-shirts that just say "no Dave" "Bonnaroo 07" finally a bonnaroo in which there won't be the "dave mathews crowd".

Who else is going!?

:dancing :dancing

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

bought my ticket yesterday! :pirate

(for the record: this thread should be in a different forum...g willy: how about "someone else's song?")

also: the line up looks pretty stellar to me.

david cross! BONUS!

quarter, if you could serve up gillian welch, old crow medicine show and spoon in that same backyard, i would consider it.

oh, and: tap or bottle beer? :brow

A friend of mine is trying to talk me into attending. I said I'm too old. He said, are you crazy, 44 is the new 19.

:brow

if 44 is too old then i have precious little time to get these festivals in. :pirate

quarter, if you could serve up gillian welch, old crow medicine show and spoon in that same backyard, i would consider it.

I think that can be arranged. This guy is bringin' the tunes:

boombox.jpg

If you want the actual artists themselves, you may want to look elsewhere. For some reason they are not returning my phone calls.

LOOKING FOR SOME SOLID INFO: i've been to b-roo once and camped. this year i'm considering getting a hotel package.

HAS ANYONE HAD FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE B-ROO PARKING EVERYDAY?

if it's an hour long hullaballoo i might just camp. but the lure of hotel airconditioning and sanitary toilet facilities in the middle of the night is great!

LOOKING FOR SOME SOLID INFO: i've been to b-roo once and camped. this year i'm considering getting a hotel package.

HAS ANYONE HAD FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE B-ROO PARKING EVERYDAY?

if it's an hour long hullaballoo i might just camp. but the lure of hotel airconditioning and sanitary toilet facilities in the middle of the night is great!

I'm leaning towards the hotel way too. I hear there are shuttles from some hotels?

I'm leaning towards the hotel way too. I hear there are shuttles from some hotels?

I did a hotel package last year (Executive Inn). Some thoughts...

1. Worth it to me to get a decent half-night's sleep (I'm 38 so it might not be worth it to those younger than me that can recover more easily)

2. The hotel was pretty dumpy

3. no shuttle (I think last year, they only offered shuttles for the VIP upgrades)

4. Drove into Bonaroo Thursday night and they weren't really sure where we should park because we were day-parkers (we just found a spot)

5. Getting in and out of the lot was pretty easy... longest wait was Friday going back in because that's when most started to show (waited about an hour, other waits were about 10 minutes)

6. Bring a cooler, beverages, chairs, snacks a blanket, etc... so you can go back to your car and relax if you need some down-time from the festival (we typically did this around 6:30 ish)

I can't make it this year but overall I recommend the hotel if you don't mind paying.

As for Bonnaroo itself, it's great but more people need to pace themselves.... I saw way too many people getting way too f#%@-ed up way too early.... I mean, you can do that at home without the travel and expense... why black out during all the great music going on. Maybe I am just getting old.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Worth it to me to get a decent half-night's sleep (I'm 38 so it might not be worth it to those younger than me that can recover more easily)

2. The hotel was pretty dumpy

3. no shuttle (I think last year, they only offered shuttles for the VIP upgrades)

4. Drove into Bonaroo Thursday night and they weren't really sure where we should park because we were day-parkers (we just found a spot)

5. Getting in and out of the lot was pretty easy... longest wait was Friday going back in because that's when most started to show (waited about an hour, other waits were about 10 minutes)

6. Bring a cooler, beverages, chairs, snacks a blanket, etc... so you can go back to your car and relax if you need some down-time from the festival (we typically did this around 6:30 ish)

I can't make it this year but overall I recommend the hotel if you don't mind paying.

As for Bonnaroo itself, it's great but more people need to pace themselves.... I saw way too many people getting way too f#%@-ed up way too early.... I mean, you can do that at home without the travel and expense... why black out during all the great music going on. Maybe I am just getting old.

Good post. I was actually thinking of going and camping this year. I guess camping would be cool but I'm not sure I want to roll in the mud for 3 days and not be able to get a nice shower in a room at night. How far are the hotels from the campsite?

len, THANKS FOR THE INFO!

ok, i'm gonna check out the packages on the b'roo site.

:cheers

• 3 weeks later...

so after missing out on the hotel packages i now missed out on the VIP camping.

holy cats.

still hoping to find a pair of those VIP camping...i'm looking in all the usual places...if anyone hears of something, send up a flare.