• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent concept about about....ummm....legalizing it. And while suggestions are surely made as to what "it" is, I like to think that the album can be made much deeper and profound by visualizing "it" as...umm...whatever it is you'd like to see legalized. :lol

PeterTosh-LegalizeIt.jpg

I was never a big fan of the concept album. The Who's Tommy, The Wall, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, all th Ziggy Stardust stuff never played an important part in my musical life much beyound 8th/9th grade. I guess you could consider the brunt of the Beach Boys' albums "concept" albums, too.

I guess Sgt. Pepper's would top my list.

disclaimer: Still a relatively weak Beatles album when compared to some of their best work, though.

ed. good call on The Mollusk, too.

Lola vs. Powerman and the Moneygoround, Pt. 1

This record has been on my "I need to get that someday" list since I was about 15. :lol

I probably love that record far more than most people, but it's really fantastic.

Yeah, I'm listening to it right now! Absolutely brilliant album. I think it's the least concepty of that run of kinks albums: from Village Green to Muswell Hillbillies, and then after that they got just a little bit TOO concepty for my liking (although I do still like me some Soap Opera every now and again)

A new concept album I like a lot is Trials Of Van Occupanther - Midlake, and in some ways Ys - Joanna Newsom is a concept album.