I love Keith Richards. Who knows if it's the truth but him? Keith f*****g rocks. B)

of course, but it definitely puts him in the category of f*****g creepy vs. f*****g rocking.

I don't for one second think Keith snorted his dad. I do think his manipulation of the media and the people who believe the media fucking rocks. B)

Garcia's were put in the Ganges.

Much to the dismay of some folks closest to him. Apparently Weir and Garcia's last wife, Deborah Koons thought it was a good idea. The remainder of his ashes are strewn across the San Fran Bay.

HST's ashes were shot out of a cannon bearing the gonzo symbol, of course.

Gram Parson's body was slightly cremated (charred really) after his buddies stole his dead corpse and brought it out to Joshua Nat. Park. I wonder if it was burned enough for Keith's tastes....

I don't for one second think Keith snorted his dad. I do think his manipulation of the media and the people who believe the media fucking rocks. B)

Agreed, I don't think he has snorted any drugs in a long time. From what I've read Keith has steered clear of harder stuff since he kicked H.

HST's ashes were shot out of a cannon bearing the gonzo symbol, of course.

My son got me a commemorative t-shirt of that event for Xmas. He's a fine young man.

if this is true, and not manipulation, as harpoon dodger deftly stated, then this is the definition of depravity. using the physical remains of a human being for entertainment or at least ah, what the hell, let's snort the old man. isn't anything sacred? well, i am talking about keith richards, who may not be human in the first place. so this may be in line with animal behavior.

whatever.

wow.

capt.49bd59cc586c4a6fb226dc86e31480d0.people_keith_richards_nyo195.jpg

Richards denies snorting his dad's ashes

18 minutes ago

LONDON -

Keith Richards was joking when he claimed to have snorted his father's ashes along with cocaine, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke," said Bernard Doherty of LD Communications, which represents the Rolling Stones.

Doherty declined to say any more about why Richards made the statement in an interview with NME, a pop music magazine.

entirely plausible, and the publicists are doing the spin to sooth the squeamish.

sounds like a do-it-yourself-communion effort ... who's to say his intentions weren't holy? :stunned

Keith Richards: read the interview the world is talking about in full

Read the full piece, including how Keith snorted his father, on NME.COM now

It's the interview the whole world is talking about today (April 4) - Keith Richards telling NME what rock 'n' roll has taught him.

And yes, this is the interview where the guitar legend admits to snorting the ashes of his own father.

The biggest clich

Nice interview. My favorite part was the 'who's your favorite new band' question. With the exception of the band that inspired this here board ( and they're not new anyway), and a couple of others, I couldn't agree more with Keef.

That is a great interview. My favorite part was this:

I could listen to everyone, and they were like, 'He's dead, he's dead!' waving their fingers and pushing me about, and I was thinking, 'I'm not dead!'

Is it wrong that I thought of the "Bring out your dead" scene in Monty Python & the Holy Grail when I read that?

Remember the New Barbarians? I saw them in 79 or thereabouts and Keef looked like he was snorting everything in sight. He may not have snorted his dad's ashes but I would guess more than cocaine has passed through those nostrils!

:pirate

I don't think he has snorted any drugs in a long time. From what I've read Keith has steered clear of harder stuff since he kicked H.

Blowing a few lines isn't exactly getting back on the hard drugs when you are Keef.

Most people in that culture see dusting off a few rails like the casual drinker would see taking a shot of liquor with your pint of beer.

I remember an article in Rolling Stone a few years afo where Keef called himself "polytoxic" and said that his favorite drug was medical grade cocaine.