umm... has nels got his hand down his pants?!

:unsure

Those things are hillarious. I'd buy them to laugh at them, but only if they cost less then $20.

Why spend money to laugh at them, when you can laugh at them online for free?

I just looked on the UNKL website and they're $49.94. Crazy.

Just a little over $8 each isn't so bad. I pay that much for Dora the Explorer and other such vinyl figures for my preschooler. I think it would be really cool to get these guys and they can go riding in our Ecto 1 car with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to pick up chicks like Strawberry Shortcake and Polly Pocket. Okay, I know what my kiddo is getting for her third b-day!

Compared to the Kiss action figures of days gone by, they're a little lame.

I sent an e-mail to the company to further inquire about them...here's the response I got pertaining to the Wilco figures....

"Thanks for your email. The Wilco stuff is limited to 1000 sets. You can book them on the wilco site already. They plan to ship June 15. We

My friend Brandon Hodge owns a specialty/unique toy store in Austin, TX called Monkey See, Monkey Do!, and he helped a bearded man who was wearing what he described as a "Russian-esque hat that looked really warm." Well the customer is wandering around for a bit and so my friend starts helping him find what he needed. The customer was particularly fond of the Uncle toys. And proceeds to buy some of them. While the customer is being rung up, a Wilco song comes on my friend's I-Tunes. As my friend is humming along with the Wilco song, he notices the name on the card is Jeff Tweedy. He says to the man, "That's odd, the guy that sings for this group shares your name." The customer smirks. Then my friend, not being a really avid, zealous Wilco fan (obviously) realizes he's helping Jeff Tweedy. He point's out to Jeff that he didn't intend for the song to coincide with his shopping experience, and says he didn't recognize him and to this Jeff says "It's cool man. Yup, that's my record." Brandon says had he realized it was him he would have had him sign everything in the store. Then apologizes for being a dork, I guess just for good measure. Jeff leaves the store, and Brandon places a call to the people who make the Uncle toys. He knows someone at the company, and tells them Jeff is into their toys. Uncle contacts Wilco, toys bearing their likeness are created and everyone is presumably happy. Brandon would like to say that he helped facilitate the creation of the toys, as Uncle was oblivious to Mr Tweedy's interest in their toys. If you're in Austin, check out his store. He's getting the Mini-Wilco's in a few months.

Brandon Hodge

Monkey See, Monkey Do!

1712 S. Congress Ave

Austin, TX 78704