• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's over at Oink... but I had, 2 copies, on promo... bonus tracks are ok... just a heck of a lot of material, even if the vast majority of it is under 2 minutes.

yeah most of the freed tracks are pretty short. like weed forestein, freed man, and all the sentridoh stuff. That stuff is my favourite sebadoh type stuff. I'll be looking forward to that re-issue.

It's over at Oink... but I had, 2 copies, on promo... bonus tracks are ok... just a heck of a lot of material, even if the vast majority of it is under 2 minutes.

Yeah, don't have oink or anything like that. I love that album because it is a short blast of sebadoh lo-fi goodness. I may not like the length f this one though. I know that the III re-issue was great but the bonus tracks sort of wore their welcome out.

I hope they re-issue all of the eps and mini-albums with these re-issues. My real hope is that they release Rocking the Forest and Vs. Helmet as either one album or expand the left off tracks as bonus material on Smash Your Head on the Punk Rock. Rocking the Forest is one of my favorite Sebadoh albums.

NP:

41V8QDAM6EL._AA240_.jpg

what a great cover art!

Yeah, It is pretty neat.

First impressions: Mostly slow to mid tempo stuff. Reminds me a great deal of old Gerry and the Pacemakers material. Nothing terribly rocking. "A Man in Love" presents itself pretty readily as a nice little pop nugget. "Rome wasn't built in a day" is a nice number with a simple, crisp little horn arrangement that feels like Nick Lowe going for Sam Cooke.

But overall... :yawn