• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rpc_helltous.jpg

Rock Plaza Central - The World Was Hell to Us

The last days of the war, when the sun was covered up

I guess I can sorta hear the whole metal horses who are not horses thing starting out.

Think of it as a Japanese take on Harold Budd's and Brian Eno's albums together, but instead of creating environments, it's more about emotions, I feel. I never knew laptop music could sound so friggin' good.

cool. I have a lot of Fennesz's other stuff. He's great. makes way cool music. Does he play any guitar on this or is it all laptop?

cool. I have a lot of Fennesz's other stuff. He's great. makes way cool music. Does he play any guitar on this or is it all laptop?

There's a hint of actual guitar sound here and there. The credits state that there is guitar there, but, knowing Fennesz, it's most likely hidden by the processing he does on his laptop. Sakamoto uses his laptop too on this, in addition to playing piano.

I need more Fennesz myself. I only have Venice and Endless Summer (the Editions Mego reissue). I also have the two Fenn O'Berg albums, but I have no idea what to make of those...

There's a hint of actual guitar sound here and there. The credits state that there is guitar there, but, knowing Fennesz, it's most likely hidden by the processing he does on his laptop. Sakamoto uses his laptop too on this, in addition to playing piano.

I need more Fennesz myself. I only have Venice and Endless Summer (the Editions Mego reissue). I also have the two Fenn O'Berg albums, but I have no idea what to make of those...

the return of fenn o'berg is one of my favourite electronic albums ever. If you like endless summer try "Live In Japan" lots of endless summer stuff on there. that disk is really cool. I still need to dig deeper into his catelog. If you like his stuff maybe check out Pita if you haven't already. Try and find Pita's album "Get Off" it has some really beautiful tracks on there.