Predictions for what song they will play on Letterman

I suppose we'll know as soon as someone who went to the show can post, but what do people think they will play?

Wish they would play: Impossible Germany

Think they will play: What Light

Wildcard: Hate it Here

Update: I'm not so sure about What Light anymore. If they want to blow the roof off the dump, they will probably

choose something more like Shake it Off or Walken.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"what light" is in the music choice rotation on my digital cable.

of course i've heard nothing on the radio, so i would have to guess "what light" would be the song on letterman.

i'd love to hear "hate it here" on letterman though.

maybe its just becuase I'm really hoping for it, but I'd like to think Impossible Germany has a pretty decnet chance. At least it one of their more road tested songs, Walken would be too long.

Why is it being taken for granted that What Light? would be the favorite?? Because XRT plays it as their single?

maybe its just becuase I'm really hoping for it, but I'd like to think Impossible Germany has a pretty decnet chance. At least it one of their more road tested songs, Walken would be too long.

Why is it being taken for granted that What Light? would be the favorite?? Because XRT plays it as their single?

Yeah, I guess cuz it's the first single I'm assuming that, but when AGIB came out, I think they played "I'm a Wheel"

on Leno and "Hummingbird" on Letterman. Don't know if either of those were officially released as singles. Anyone out there know?

another version of "Handshake Drugs"

I would love that. Seriously. I would love that.

Best guess: "What Light"

Best hope: "Hate It Here"

Now that I've had lunch, I remember that "Handshake Drugs" was the first song off of AGIB that

appeared in regular rotation on KFOG here in the Bay Area. Knowing that, I would actually be surprised if they

play "What Light" on the show. If they want to win over the audience, I would suggest "Hate it Here" - simple,

direct lyrics, compact song, rocks the house, and ends quietly, so the audience can burst in with loud applause.

Hate it Here, You Are My Face, Impossible Germany, or Side With the Seeds would all be awesome.

I, for some reason, feel they are going to play What Light, though. A good song, but probably my least favorite on the album at this point. Not really too exciting live either.

Now that I've had lunch, I remember that "Handshake Drugs" was the first song off of AGIB that

appeared in regular rotation on KFOG here in the Bay Area. Knowing that, I would actually be surprised if they

play "What Light" on the show. If they want to win over the audience, I would suggest "Hate it Here" - simple,

direct lyrics, compact song, rocks the house, and ends quietly, so the audience can burst in with loud applause.

Hate It Here has gotten some play on KFOG this week. That could definitely work.

Other Letterman stuff:

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/pants/

What's with the way the guests are listed for tonight's show?

"Michael Imperioli / Wilco (The Sopranos), (CD, "Sky Blue Sky")"

None of the other nights have anything listed like that. I think Michael Imperioli is going to sing with them!!!! (not really)

Also: Don Rickles. I hope Ron Cey will be watching.

When Reagan was president, he campaigned in Oklahoma on behalf of Sen. Don Nickles. As he concluded his speech, he said: "That's why we need Don Rickles in the Senate." Oops.

C-SPAN would be much more entertaining if Don Rickles were a Senator.

Hate It Here has gotten some play on KFOG this week. That could definitely work.

Don and Jeff both have an ascerbic kind of wit about themselves.

What is the Ron Cey-Don Rickles connection?