Predictions for what song they will play on Letterman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the Ron Cey-Don Rickles connection?

A guy who used to post here, user name: Ron Cey, avatar: Don Rickles.

I believe he tapes at 4:30 EST so hopefully someone at the show can clue is in ahead of time. :shifty

I'd rather not get clued in. I'll be avoiding this thread for the next 9 hours!

possible that they'd pick "hate it here" and have paul and the horns throw in some backup

Good idea! :thumbup The first time I heard this song, that's what came to my mind:'damn, this would really be the cherry on top if there was horns on here'.

I'll go with Either Way, since no one else has mentioned it.

I'll take bets.

What Light 3-1

Hate It Here 5-1

Sky Blue Sky 7-1

Side with the Seeds 7-1

Venus Stopped the Train 50-1

One True Vine 100-1

Captain & Tenille cover 100-1

The field 20-1

DISCLAIMER: Not really. This would break Letterman's rule: "This is only an exhibition only, no wagering please."

Guest ChooChooCharlie

Hey, just posted this in the other Letterman thread...

Back from the show. They played What Light, as expected, they sounded great live and I must say, that song is growing on me. I wasn't all that sure how I felt about it at first, but I love the last verses lyrics about how when you hang up your paintings and sing your song, it's everyones from now on. I will buy the record tomorrow and really sit down and listen to it in its entirety. The rest of Letterman was good too..Don Rickles was his iconic self and Michael Imperioli is always an interesting guest as "Christopher" is/was (he got wacked last Sunday) my favorite Sopranos character...Great show, glad I went..

Guest ChooChooCharlie
I guess the consensus song choice was right. I kind of hoped the band would throw us for a loop.

Yeah, I was hoping for "Shake it off" myself, but figured that was probably reaching :-) I wish I could be more descriptive of their performance, but I'm sure you all will enjoy it when it airs. That's less than an hour from now for the EST timers..I think the CST timers as well, Right?? Letterman goes on at 11:00 EST/PST and 10:00 CST doesn't it?? To be honest, I don't catch it that much anymore these days, but I certainly will tonight :-)

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Letterman generally starts at 11:30 EST.

Oatmealblizzard..Didn't you say you and your wife would be there as well? Where were you sitting? I was first row balcony..

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Who cares what song they played? How was Don Rickles?

He was hilarious as always! I actually saw him live a few weeks ago in Palm Springs. He put on a great show! Very impressed with his entire "act". He's a great showman!!

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Should we be watching for certain color shirts worn by VC folks or anything in case you made an on camera appearance in an audience shot?

I have on a Sun Studios jersey and a denim jacket, although I don't think a shot of the balcony will air in the episode.