Predictions for what song they will play on Letterman

Oatmealblizzard..Didn't you say you and your wife would be there as well? Where were you sitting? I was first row balcony..

Ugggh. No, what I said was I tried to get tickets. But they called me with tickets for Wednesday. Never was able to get Tuesday tickets. Glad it was fun, though.

Oh ... and I am not married. Totally single. Hear that, ladies? Single...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show. What Light was a mellow but really nice song. It was great to see them and can't wait to see it on tv.

And they couldn't have been friendlier/more engaging for the stagedoor crowd as they left.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Great show. What Light was a mellow but really nice song. It was great to see them and can't wait to see it on tv.

And they couldn't have been friendlier/more engaging for the stagedoor crowd as they left.

Where were you sitting in the theater?

Great show. What Light was a mellow beautiful but really nice song. It was great to see them and can't wait to see it on tv.

Fixed it for ya. /Jeff

I wish they'd kept the original live arrangement for What Light, or maybe it's just that it sounds so pasteurized on the record in comparison to those few early live performances. Oh well. Not the worst choice (that would have been Shake It Off, lol at the people advocating that one) but it would have been nice to see them do a more uptempo song.

Fixed it for ya. /Jeff

I wish they'd kept the original live arrangement for What Light, or maybe it's just that it sounds so pasteurized on the record in comparison to those few early live performances. Oh well. Not the worst choice (that would have been Shake It Off, lol at the people advocating that one) but it would have been nice to see them do a more uptempo song.

Oh Thanks. ;) Yeah, it wasn't a crowd mover. For the 90%+ that weren't there for Wilco, I'd say it didn't make too much of a mark. While mellow, it was played BEAUTIFULLY, I may not have teed off with it though.

I was in the 2nd row (lower level) on the right.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
oh, i saw it coming. and i also thought it was a pretty...mediocre performance, honestly.

I have to say, it translated better live in the studio than it did just now on TV..Don't know why that would be, but thats the impression I just got

Very solid performance and Nels was alright tonight as a pervious poster just mentioned. I think it has something to do with this. It was posted on his website today and he sounds pretty sad since a music partner and friend of his died today or a couple of days ago. I never heard of the guy before, but I think I will now. But anyways, here it is:

http://nelscline.com/news.html

FROM NELS (MAY 15, 2007):

It is with great sadness and deep shock that I sit here in my hotel room in New York pondering the senseless murder of one of my favorite artists of all time, Rod Poole. I formed a microtonal improvising trio with the guitarists Rod, Jim McCauley, and myself called Acoustic Guitar Trio. One of my motivations for this was to just get closer to Rod and his art, to the haunting beauty of his music. What with my constant road work and divergent personal realm, Rod and I had been in touch less and less frequently, which really felt bad. Rod was a true artist, probably a genius. He had an amazing capacity as both music fan and autodidact musician visionary. He was stubborn, thorny at times, but always because of his intense feelings and ideas concerning creative expression, especially that of the sound world. His death was pointless, and from reports, horribly violent. I feel sick. We are a disaster as a society. I can't stop thinking about him and his wife Lisa. What a nightmare... And it hasn't even really fully sunk in that I will never again see this man, never play music with him again, never hear him play, sit in his Hollywood apartment listening to music, drinking fine beers, thumbing through his recent eBay acquisitions of Sun Ra, Hendrix bootlegs...never again play music with him. His solo CDs "The Death Adder" and "December 96", both out-of-print (WIN Records) are shining examples of artistic vision and depth, his just-intonated Martin acoustics spinning beguiling arpeggios resonating with majestic/intimate sonorous beauty. All possible love to you, Rod. I thought I was speechless, but here are the words, and here come the tears..

Here is a sample of some of the music we made together as Acoustic Guitar Trio.

Seek out some of Rod's amazing music:

Forced Exposure Mail Order

Voice of The Bowed Guitar (streaming live recording)

the mix was kinda off, at least to my ears. but it sounded like Nels fumbled a bit and Jeff kinda sing-spoke for a portion of it. regardless, it was still great because it's Wilco.

i enjoyed the smile he gave after "don't let anyone change your bag," which is just a great line. my favorite.

edit: oh my god, that's so horrible. so strong of him to do Letterman, even after all of that. poor guy.

Thanks for the heads up on that WaronWar, that's awful. Nels is a great guy, I don't think I would have been able to hold it together after loosing that kind of friend. I feel bad for pointing out that mistake now :(

"Christopher" is/was (he got wacked last Sunday)

Alright I know this is harsh, im honestly this angry, Ive watched this show for the entire series and you gave away one of the biggest things thats ever happened on the show and completely ruined it for me...

I was literally opening the recording on my DVR when i thought id check and see what song got played... so im sorry but i have to say this to you: go fuck yourself.

Alright I know this is harsh, im honestly this angry, Ive watched this show for the entire series and you gave away one of the biggest things thats ever happened on the show and completely ruined it for me...

I was literally opening the recording on my DVR when i thought id check and see what song got played... so im sorry but i have to say this to you: go fuck yourself.

Calm down ~TheShua