Predictions for what song they will play on Letterman

The person who sent you this file has exceeded their download limit.

:ohwell

I got that too -- but there is a link to the youtube version. It's not that bad.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChooChooCharlie

Wanna hear something funny..I know everyone has moved on at this point, but I was telling my best friend about the Sopranos posting incident in this message board the other day, and she told me to FUCK OFF too :-) Apparently her cable has been temporarily shut off :)

Wanna hear something funny..I know everyone has moved on at this point, but I was telling my best friend about the Sopranos posting incident in this message board the other day, and she told me to FUCK OFF too :-) Apparently her cable has been temporarily shut off :)

awww, you're striking out these days.

So my mother calls me at about 11:35 on Tuesday, right after Dave announced who was on. I thanked her and let her knew that I was aware. I called her on Wednesday to see if she stayed up to watch them. She did and wasn't impressed, then again, neither was I. She saw them do "Hummingbird" last time they were on (I'm a Conan guy myself and loved "The Thanks I Get" from the Conan's Chicago shows last year. Anyway, they were flat and pretty lame the other night....oh well, they will kick ass when I see them in June.

And I totally agree that Letterman is a very very UNfunny dude, and, Paul Schafer is a douche.

Guest ChooChooCharlie

I dig Letterman, Conan, Kimmel, they are all pretty funny and clever talk show hosts, but I just CAN'T get into Sky Blue Sky. I feel really bad about posting such a thing. I really WANT to love the record and I'm trying to really concentrate on the melodies in order to hear what perhaps I'm missing, but it hasn't happened yet. I'll keep trying. YHF took me a while to get into as well, but then the record and I just kinda clicked and I don't think it's been out of my CD player since then. Hopefully that will happen with SBS as well. Or at least by the time they get booked on Kimmel. They shoot that one across the street from me and I wouldn't even have to bug my sister to use her industry contacts to get me in or go to the trouble of flying the red eye to NY to see the show. And I PROMISE..no matter who else appears as a guest that night, mums the word with regard to any long running series spoilers or any info that would throw a wrench into anyones viewing pleasure. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get booked on Kimmel now and continue listening to SBS until the record and I hopefully "click".

Having listened to 7 songs from SBS at lunch today, including What Light, I have to say that I'm even more

depressed/disappointed now about their performance than ever before. Put "Walken" on through some headphones and think about how that would have sounded live in front of that audience. I'm sure I'll be over it soon, but 'tis a shame. Now I gotta wait until fall for another live performance. It would have been nice to see them on Saturday Night Live before their season wrapped up.

I dig Letterman, Conan, Kimmel, they are all pretty funny and clever talk show hosts, but I just CAN'T get into Sky Blue Sky. I feel really bad about posting such a thing. I really WANT to love the record and I'm trying to really concentrate on the melodies in order to hear what perhaps I'm missing, but it hasn't happened yet. I'll keep trying. YHF took me a while to get into as well, but then the record and I just kinda clicked and I don't think it's been out of my CD player since then. Hopefully that will happen with SBS as well. Or at least by the time they get booked on Kimmel. They shoot that one across the street from me and I wouldn't even have to bug my sister to use her industry contacts to get me in or go to the trouble of flying the red eye to NY to see the show. And I PROMISE..no matter who else appears as a guest that night, mums the word with regard to any long running series spoilers or any info that would throw a wrench into anyones viewing pleasure. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get booked on Kimmel now and continue listening to SBS until the record and I hopefully "click".

The only late night host that's absolutely awful is Leno, I can't watch that douchebag without wanting to kill myself.

I didn't think their performance was awful but they rarely come out and nail a song on cue, and it's worse when it's a mellow beautiful song like What Light (and pretty much all of SBS). Their best performances are almost always on Conan.

About liking SBS, I'm happier with it if I ditch the sleepy opener and closer, and of course Shake It Off. I did an edit of Shake It Off a while back that made me like it more but don't have it here and it's too much bother to do again. I'd think about putting LNGCA in there somewhere but it'd probably make the rest of the record seem even more boring. Too bad they couldn't have distilled some of that energy and put it into the rest of the songs, we probably wouldn't be having these sorts of conversations about SBS. It's really just a matter of time before SBS infiltrates the muzak boxes of managed care facilities everywhere. "It's so soothing beautiful, our patients are 34% less likely to get riled up about having to eat banana mush 12 days in a row if we have SBS on, it's like aural xanax!"