Prices/Packaging?

At the Wilco store there is only a $5 differential between the regular CD edtion and the CD/DVD edition.

Usually when something comes out and is not in the Sunday ad papers I'll compare prices online. Really odd how much difference there is from store to store.

Target, Best Buy and Circuit City all have the regular edition for $11.99.

The big difference is the special edition:

Target = 19.99 ($8 diff)

CirCty = 20.99 ($9 diff)

BstBuy= 24.99 ($13 diff!!!)

Is there actual different packaging (i.e. physical content, photos) in the spec edition of just the DVD itself?

A single DVD (purchased in bulk to manufacture) probably costs very little. Don't understand the substantial difference.

At the Wilco store there is only a $5 differential between the regular CD edtion and the CD/DVD edition.

Usually when something comes out and is not in the Sunday ad papers I'll compare prices online. Really odd how much difference there is from store to store.

Target, Best Buy and Circuit City all have the regular edition for $11.99.

The big difference is the special edition:

Target = 19.99 ($8 diff)

CirCty = 20.99 ($9 diff)

Is there actual different packaging (i.e. physical content, photos) in the spec edition of just the DVD itself?

A single DVD (purchased in bulk to manufacture) probably costs very little. Don't understand the substantial difference.

I have noticed this, too. Not sure what the economics of this is. Since the list price difference between the 2 seems to be $6 ($18.99 vs. $24.99), I would have thought the CD/DVD would be available for something like $17.99. Maybe an econ major out there can explain. Seems like the Wilco Store is undervaluing its product compared to the marketplace.

I paid 21 bucks - but I suspect everyone will be paying 25 or so where I bought it.

I paid $24.99 for the red tab "Special Deluxe Edition" DVD/CD at Hasting's here in Stillwater, Okla. ... I was a little taken aback by the price, because I thought it would be in the $19 range. But, I was glad to finally have it in-hand.

Question: will we get access to the bonus track(s), like LNGCA for the iTunes download? There's a special bonus "extras" link on the endhanced CD, but song downloads aren't on there.

sbs at best buy is $22.99 today before tax for the cd/dvd combo.

it will eventually revert to the regular price of $24.99.

i'm a point of purchase person, i hate waiting on online orders if i don't have to.

I paid $24.99 for the red tab "Special Deluxe Edition" DVD/CD at Hasting's here in Stillwater, Okla. ... I was a little taken aback by the price, because I thought it would be in the $19 range. But, I was glad to finally have it in-hand.

Question: will we get access to the bonus track(s), like LNGCA for the iTunes download? There's a special bonus "extras" link on the endhanced CD, but song downloads aren't on there.

I think there was a thread about that somewhere. Also - admission to the one of the webcast?

It's just a profit boost - they (the stores, etc) know the people who will want that extra stuff are willing to pay the extra money, so they will mark it up as high as they can.

$18.99 at the Canadian chain Sunrise for the deluxe; two bucks cheaper if you've got a discount card. They only had two copies at my local outlet and they were both deluxe, so I don't know what the regular goes for there. Probably $13 or so, based on the going rate for other new releases.

As an aside, how fucking depressing is it that the only non-used record store in a city of 80,000 has only two copies of a new Wilco album? Very, I should think.

I printed the target webpage with it for 19.99 and went to best buy. They price matched it for me.

I always do that. I hate going to my local Target and Circuit City because they never have what i want. Best Buy does and even if they dont have it the cheapest they will price match.

I would go to a local indie store and pay more but i'd have to drive into atlanta to do that...... and i avoid that for quick trips.

I printed the target webpage with it for 19.99 and went to best buy. They price matched it for me.

I always do that. I hate going to my local Target and Circuit City because they never have what i want. Best Buy does and even if they dont have it the cheapest they will price match.

I would go to a local indie store and pay more but i'd have to drive into atlanta to do that...... and i avoid that for quick trips.

Toronto rules.

I got the 'deluxe' at Future Shop (a Best Buy competitor, oddly owned by Best Buy) for $18. The normal edition was $14. And that's Canadian money (so about $16/$12 US or so)

Is this a big hassle? Once I saw that the BB online price was significantly cheaper than instore (this was with the Spec Ed of Beck's Guero) and I asked them about it and they looked it up and sold it for that price. Of course, I had to go over to the help disc and fill out a form I think. I usually pick up CD's on my lunch break so time is of the essence.

did DualDisc format totally disappear?

I don't know how it works, but I'm not sure DualDisc could have supported 45 mins of video.

I'm gonna try and do that. Though I have a Target in my 'hood, I doubt they have the deluxe SBS version. I know BB will have it.

I went all over town - Hasting's, Cir City and Target didn't have it. before i left i printed up the online Target 19.99 price. it was 22.99 at BB, and i took it to the counter and they said they don't match online prices, not even BB online prices. apparently this has changed since Guero came out because that was exactly what i did at that time.