I am trying to break your heart DVD

30 is the retail price.

try to find a cheaper dvd somewhere but it's not like it's 50 or anything.

30 isn't that bad for a two disc dvd.

I have watched mine exactly once in the three years I have owned it.

Wouldn't sell it, though.

Have you seen it with the commentary track? It turns a tragedy into a comedy.

i bought it, loaned it out, had to buy it again, dont regret it. I also waste a lot of money regularly, for example: yesterday i left the house with 100 and went golfing, the beach, and to wieners circle and somehow came home with 20 bucks... dont know what i spent that 80 dollars on

Guest ChooChooCharlie

I bought the two disc version used for about $20. Worth every Penny. I'd say $30 new seems fair, unless of course you find it less elsewhere.

I'd suggest the documentary to anyone who considers themselves a fan of YHF. If your not a fan, it'd probably make you a fan. When you have the visual reference of what went into making the record, alternate tracks recorded, decisions that were made, the drama that ensued surrounding it's pre release and the inner band conflict that came to a head during the process, it's likely you'll listen to the record with an illuminated perspective. At least I did...

And although this may not have any effect on you at all, the title shot where he's driving down lakeshore (Wacker and Lincoln at some points too I believe) on a typical Chicago drizzly winter day, with the opening credits rolling to an acoustic version of I am trying to break your heart-Gets me every time! Wilco and Chicago can be personally synonymous for me at times, and YHF especially as it was released when I was a resident. I no longer am, but watching that opening scene can sometimes make me long for the days when I drove down those same streets on days just like that one.

Well enough of that....Go out and buy that disc! You won't regret it :)

And if you're still not convinced, This thread discusses one of the most interesting scenes in the film..

I do not think that they even haev a 1 disc version......I think they only have the 2 discs.

No question that you need to get this.

If you take enough time to be on this board you wust love Wilco. This is the only official stuff out there and it is awesome to boot.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
And although this may not have any effect on you at all, the title shot where he's driving down lakeshore (Wacker and Lincoln at some points too I believe) on a typical Chicago drizzly winter day, with the opening credits rolling to an acoustic version of I am trying to break your heart-Gets me every time!

But, you can

, and judge for yourself. Whatever you wind up paying, for fear of sounding like those credit card commericals, in my humble opinion, it's priceless..

Best moment in the whole thing:

On the bonus disc, Jeff is recognized by a fan on an NYC sidewalk. Fan says what a thrill it is to meet him and asks for an autograph. Fan hands Jeff a snippet of paper and Jeff starts writing away. Fan tells Jeff "I saw you at the Trocadara and Irving Plaza." Jeff keeps writing, head down, cigarette dangling, for a about 15 or 20 seconds before responding "Oh yeah?"

Friggin' hilarious.