Stamps honour iconic Canadian musicians

Stamps honour iconic Canadian musicians

Canada Post says it is creating the stamps to honour the lives and achievements of these musicians, who left a lasting impression on the musical stage and paved the way for today's Canadian superstars.

I can think of someone who should have made the cut. How about you?

I know Duluth is pretty close to Canada but I don't think Dylan should be considered a citizen.

There may be hope yet!

If you're wondering what happened to Neil Young' date=' don't fret, says Canada Post's marketing and public-relations manager, Cindy Daoust. "These are just the first four ... chances are good there will be a sequel."[/quote']

Let's hope Neil Young and Leonard Cohen get a stamp before Rita MacNeil does.

As with any decision on Canadian subject matter' date=' the corporation looks to an advisory committee comprised of historians, stamp collectors, educators and business people in order to make the selections, Ms. Daoust says.[/quote']

I guess that explains the lameness. (Joni is cool, though.)

• 5 months later...

The prospect of a Geddy/Rush stamp is a little scary. Imagine the 70s satin jumpsuit camel toe. :ermm

I actually bought a pkg of the Paul Anka/Anne Murray/Gordon Lightfoot/Joni Mitchell set the other day. I couldn't resist. Still, Neil Young/Leonard Cohen/Joni Mitchell/The Band would have been infinitely cooler.