HOLY VOLKSWAGON BATMAN

I was just watching FX cable network when i heard a familiar riff. It was "Is That The Thanks I Get" by wilco. It was awesome! It sounded like a studio version i hadnt heard yet. There was a distinct Nels Cline slide guitar riff towards the end. maybe im way late on this BUT I AM SO EXCITED! :w00t

just lettin y'all know!

I was just watching FX cable network when i heard a familiar riff. It was "Is That The Thanks I Get" by wilco. It was awesome! It sounded like a studio version i hadnt heard yet. There was a distinct Nels Cline slide guitar riff towards the end. maybe im way late on this BUT I AM SO EXCITED! :w00t

just lettin y'all know!

As has already been pointed out, this has already been discussed here -- EXHAUSTIVELY -- in multiple threads. You should probably avoid reading the still-smoldering "More on the controversy" thread in this same forum ... 45 pages and counting, and that wasn't even the first thread on the subject.

Clearly, I don't watch nearly enough TV. I have seen the commercial exactly once, during Memorial Day Weekend.

Not once since then. What stations am I not watching?

F/X rainman...well at least during Rescue Me...apparently VW is a sponsor. I saw it no less than 8 times in two hours. It wasn't as fun by the 4th or 5th time around :hmm

F/X rainman...well at least during Rescue Me...apparently VW is a sponsor. I saw it no less than 8 times in two hours. It wasn't as fun by the 4th or 5th time around :hmm

Is that the thanks they get?

• 1 year later...

I hesitate to start this shit again - (actually, just read it and let this thread be locked) but I just read this on Bob Lefsetz's blog:

Commercialization/Authenticity

If I hear one more time that commercials are the new radio, that no one cares about endorsements and sponsorships, I