i'm not much of a cell phone user, heck, I've never even text message someone.

I did get a new phone, and have the urge to use the ringtone with a song, but what one ?

I have each family member identified by an dividualized song:

MagicKristen (my 17 year old Daughter) --- DMX's PARTY UP (Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind up in here up in here)

DMan (my 12 year old son) --- Deep Purple's SMOKE ON THE WATER (he's getting into some retro tunes...)

Downtown (my wife of 22 years and Companion of 30)---Queen's FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS (If she ever gets wind of this, I am a dead man)

That site works wonderfully. I've got a demo version of a song by my cousin's band, so it's unique, when my phone rings the rest of their world doesn't go diving for their own phones. And I just like the song too, my nieces and nephew say it sounds like "spooky circus music".

I've also got a bunch of Star Wars themes that came with the phone (oh, I'm such a geek...), so one of my options is "he doesn't like you... I don't like you either!". And then I've downloaded Hoodoo Voodoo (through the above site), and the themes from Law and Order and Days of Our Lives from a general ringtones site. So all of those are assigned to specific people.

Oh, and when my parents call, the ring is the cuckoo-clock sound that came with the phone. :chicken

I have a monotone of Aerosmith's "Dream On" but am going to switch when I get a new phone in 2 weeks. I used to have the Carpenters "We've Only Just Begun" am looking forward to searching out something new and fun!

I switch between Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight & Loverboy - Everybody's Workin For The Weekend

Everybody's Workin For The Weekend went off during a company meeting the other day. I shut it off through my pocket and exclaimed. "Who's ringer was that?... Genius!" It got a couple of laughs.

remember those old nokia phones where you can program your own tunes with the special codes?.. well i programmed the main riff of that tune on my avatar for it.

for text messages, i programmed that music that used to play in latter day elvis shows as c-c rider was starting :lol

I have always been fond of Deodato's take on that.